Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1967 Canadian Cent Struck In Tin

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 30 / Views: 4,550Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4010 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2016  7:35 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Diving goose is real it was purposefully created and back doored out of the RCM , to a few very well connected Dealers in Ontario and BC back in the day. The "REAL" Diving Goose was NEVER available in PL sets. What you have is probably a Silver Dollar with a very minor Die rotation . PIX showing the TRUE die rotation will confirm.
Roger ...l in response to your 1965 Cent question have No idea but maybe you could share the provenance from the time it left Mint Master Parkers office in 1965 until present day.
It , much like the off metal test tokens I acquired from a former Mint executives estate , just should not exist but stuff like this does.
Seems everybody just wanted a piece of the coin action in the late 1960 early 1970s.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4834 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2016  8:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have seen the 4 to 5 o clock diving goose in a pilo film set, actually tried to buy it but can't agree on price I would leave it in the set.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4010 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2016  8:20 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Proof? Say it again and would LOVE to be proven wrong.......never ever issued in a legitimate PL set.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2167 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2016  9:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pacificoin thank you. I understand I checked the book. I was wrong but the goose is going to land. you are right a rotated die. does the goose have to be pointed straight down. so a goose decending. here is the pictures still in plastic. the coin is doubled both sides reversed and obverse.some form of doubling. this is the best. I can do with the coin in plastic here is the images

Pillar of the Community
Canada
4834 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2016  10:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This coin is slightly rotated only, need the beak to point at 7 oclock
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4786 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2016  11:52 pm  Show Profile   Check thedollarman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add thedollarman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Rocky, those with that amount of rotation arent too bad to get a hold of. lets of high asking prices on eBay but none sell. I have 2 in the for sale section right now actually.
feel free to call me Will. I'm a 21 year old collector/dealer from the Greater Toronto area

my PMs are always open, whether you have a question or simply wish to talk!
Canada
1 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  12:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 72fastback to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Coin Forum Community, We are a family of mostly business strike Canadian coin collectors since about 1940 we have vast koldings. This 1967 1 cent Canada tin strike is one of our pieces. We have others equally as unique. Recently PCGS after requesting this piece be resubmitted, and researching over the last 6 months has now classified it as OMS (Original Strike) very interesting. I have decided to share a couple of similar unique strikes with this form for feedback.

I have little to limited internet presence. I was hoping by posting to get in touch with a gentlemen named Rodger sppottawa I believe he is a moderator, and very well informed error collector. My newly minted Username is 72fastback

Any help with getting this message to this gentlemen would be greatly appreciated.

Kindest Regards
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3910 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  3:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
SPP Ottawa is Roger and he is the error guru. Is there a photo?
Edited by okiecoiner
09/25/2021 3:35 pm
Learn More...
United States
20829 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  6:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@72, first welcome to CCF. Second, rather than post your email, better is to click on the "report this post to staff" link. I'll get the message out for you, but you will notice that I have deleted your email.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Learn More...
United States
104611 Posts
Canada
5 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2021  07:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Quinn27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello I've recently found a coin that fits the description of a tinned penny in an old coin hoard. I thought it may have been nickel plated. The coin has a very weak attraction to a strong magnet.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
11933 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2021  07:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It has more than likely been nickel plated for one of the
numerous aftermarket sets issued during the Centennial.
If it was tin, it would be strongly attracted to a magnet
Edited by JimmyD
09/30/2021 07:36 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1137 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2021  10:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnnysprawl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agreed, likely plated. What's the weight?
Canada
5 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2021  11:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Quinn27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It weighs 3.17g My scale is kinda cheap so take that for what it's worth
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
11933 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2021  11:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A little underweight but within the tolerance.
As you say, your scale could also be out slightly.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 30 / Views: 4,550Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.37 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05