Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Gold Stolen From RCM - Ouch!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 1,855Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
1505 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2016  11:52 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Some people go to great pains to steal.

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local...-judge-hears

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Pillar of the Community
Norway
1358 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2016  12:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add UltraRant to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So... anyone interested in buying Canadian Gold Maple Leafs? They might be a tad browner than usual or a bit greasier, though...

Seriously, I find it more shocking that the RCM had such lousy security and administration than that anyone tried to steal gold (and succeeded, until someone outside the Mint woke up). This is a new level of naive...

It will be interesting to hear what the conclusion will be in this case.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3757 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2016  6:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joe2007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some people just ruin it for everyone .... I wonder what new security measures are going to have to be put into place at the RCM and other similar facilities to make sure this doesn't happen again?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1281 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2016  9:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chute72 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm pretty sure it was not taken all at once.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3688 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2016  10:46 pm  Show Profile   Check Libertad's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add Libertad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"Justice Peter Doody reserved decision until Nov. 9 on a number of smuggling-for-cash charges, including theft, laundering the proceeds of crime, possession of stolen property and breach of trust."

The name, No way!
Learn More...
United States
14407 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2016  10:56 pm  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 1,855Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.47 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05