Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Fractionals!

First page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 150 / Views: 11,435Next Topic
Page: of 10
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
2563 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2017  10:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DavidUK to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No idea why Cooper... but I did just realise I posted a note that I don't own (I ordered this and they tried to charge me more than the value of the note for delivery so it was cancelled. I bought the same note but uploaded the wrong photo...this one is my note (perfect except dog ear on one corner)

Valued Member
United Kingdom
452 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2017  08:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coopertron5000 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Iraq
1/4 Dinar

Valued Member
United Kingdom
452 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2017  6:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coopertron5000 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A few more fractionals to add -

Russia
Treasury small change notes
1, 2 and 50 Kopeks
ND(1915)

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
901 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2019  3:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ScotsGreyhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Smallest note I have, also the oldest note I have too.

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
901 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2019  2:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ScotsGreyhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A small note I have from Uruguay & a couple of small Venezuelan bolivars

Learn More...
United States
108260 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2019  2:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
A small note I have from Uruguay & a couple of small Venezuelan bolivars
Nice examples to revive this topic.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11421 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2019  12:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I added these fractionals to the collection when I was on my Zimbabwe kick 2-3 years back. 2006 Bearer Cheque Series: 1 cent, 5 cents, 10 cents and 50 cents. Though inflation rates were extremely high already, hyperinflation hadn't quite kicked in yet -- but was looming just around the corner.

It is comical (but not remotely funny) to realize that in two years' time from when these notes were released, there would be a 100 trillion dollar note in circulation. What's worse is that these fractional notes were ZWR. When the 100T note came out 10 zeros had already been chopped off and the ZWR had been abandoned in favor of the ZWN: 10B ZWR = 1 ZWN.

So, for some truly staggering figures...

100 Trillion ZWN = 1 Septillion ZWR.

So it would take 100 Septillion of my my 1-cent ZWR notes to make up that 100T note. At the time, of course.
Oy!

Anyway, here are the photos (you can see the top of the 50-cent notes - the optimizer didn't like my layout and cropped me.

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
901 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2019  02:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ScotsGreyhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice CelticKnot, do you have a full collection of Zimbabwean notes?
I only have 2 or 3 Zimbabwe dollars, the ones with the 3 rocks on the front.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11421 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2019  03:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well.... interesting question. Do you mean the hyper-inflation notes specifically? I have a mostly-complete collection of those. There is one note that is haunting me but I am not going to spend the money on just now.

I also have a lot of other Z notes. Working on the early ZWD issues (80s-90s), but those are also (somewhat) expensive.

Also if you go from the currency guides, there are quite a few notes out there that are exceedingly rare. I don't have any of those.

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
901 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2019  04:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ScotsGreyhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great stuff.
Re- the hyperinflation notes, it's excellent to own a piece of history from a time which figured prominently in the world. I like the Yugoslavian inflation notes, they're becoming quite popular. I often look at some of my older notes & wonder who had them, especially WWII era.

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
901 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2019  06:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ScotsGreyhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Kazakhstan tyin & Cambodian riels, the Kazak ones are very nice, ornate little notes.

Learn More...
United States
108260 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
901 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2019  08:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ScotsGreyhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thought I'd post these little notes, issued during the WWI Austria-Hungarian occupation of the Italian Veneto region in 1918, defeat here effectively ended the Austria-Hungarian Empire.

Learn More...
United States
108260 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2019  12:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Thought I'd post these little notes, issued during the WWI Austria-Hungarian occupation of the Italian Veneto region in 1918, defeat here effectively ended the Austria-Hungarian Empire.
Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4562 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2019  07:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice group Scots
Page: of 10 Previous TopicReplies: 150 / Views: 11,435Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: