Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post A National Note From Your Collection (Small Or Large)

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 20
Pillar of the Community
United States
3844 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2016  4:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Steve I love that Rocky Ford note. And Coinfrog - wow on the #1 note. Of course, I have not seen anything on this thread yet that I did not find pretty cool and desirable.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40469 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2016  5:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks you guys. Here is my small $10 Ty.2 from my type set:

Pillar of the Community
United States
2260 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2016  6:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know the differences are subtle, but I like the look of a Type-2 over a Type-1, and Mr.Frog's example is about as good as it gets.

On the other end of the spectrum is this $5 Type-1 from a somewhat famous Florida vacation destination. I have only seen $5's and $20's from Charter 4672, and uncirculated versions are way out of my monetary wheelhouse so a Fine 12 will have to suffice for now. I have visited Key West many times and have enjoyed the pastel-hued, conch-style houses, the crystal clear water, amazing snorkeling, fishing and night life at the southernmost city in the USA. If you haven't been yet, please put it on your bucket list, you will not be disappointed.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40469 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2016  5:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Stever - Indeed a super note from a fabled town, which I visited a couple of times in my college days.

Was there a NB in Key Largo? Probably not.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40469 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2016  6:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Her is my $5 Ty 2 for type set. Nothing special, but great embossing and paper wave.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2260 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2016  7:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice Kentucky Type-2 Mr.Frog. I really like the feel of a natural paper wave and almost can't believe people used to press notes to get rid of the paper wave and make them flat.

My next National was chosen because my oldest Son has called this Weber County city home for quite a while now.
I didn't want to spend a lot, so I chose a respectable mid-grade example with original paper qualities.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40469 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2016  7:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Stever - Nice note for sure, I was surprised at how many notes from this bank are known. I'll bet most of us are not very familiar with Superior Grading - tell us about this company and your experiences if you will.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2260 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2016  8:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'll bet most of us are not very familiar with Superior Grading - tell us about this company and your experiences if you will.

Yes sir. Superior Grading starting grading notes back in 2014, I believe. Just before eBay's policy to only accept PMG and PCGS notes for auction. Superior Grading is owned by Greg Davis, who has been in Numismatic circles for over 20 years. Greg has a website called Antique Bank Notes, http://antiquebanknotes.com/ , and is well versed in all types of US paper money.

Superior Grading had a "Buy it Now" on eBay for 10 graded notes valued under $1,000 each and I was already familiar with Greg, trusted him and liked the holder so I bought the deal. There are no membership dues needed, and grading was freaky fast. Your notes also get imaged. Matter of fact, whenever you see me post a note in a Superior holder, it's their image you're seeing. I hope his business is doing well and hope one day the major auction houses would look seriously at the accuracy of his grading and let Superior compete with the big boys. His prices are competitive and turnaround is two to three times faster than PMG or PCGS.

You can find Superiors website here; http://www.superior-grading.com/
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40469 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2016  5:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, appreciated. I certainly hope they flourish as well.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17514 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2016  3:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great notes, I love these show and tells.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2260 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2016  4:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you @IndianGoldEagle.

This 1929 small-sized National was the very first National note I bought. I met Angie and Eddie of Unlimited Currency http://www.unlimitedcurrency.net/ at a large coin/currency show and asked if they had any Tampa Nationals. They did not but volunteered to find one for me. I asked for an affordable example in XF or better condition. About two months later Angie emailed me and said Eddie had found the lowest serial number known for a $10 small size National from Tampa and had sent it in for grading. Six weeks later Angie emailed me again and also sent me a scan of the note in the PMG holder (XF40). Great people to do business with. I have been a customer of theirs since then. It is not my nicest Tampa note, but because it was the first, it is my favorite.

Pillar of the Community
United States
3844 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2016  5:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice Tampa note and great serial number!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40469 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2016  5:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Stever - Very nice, super S/N.

I know this is only technically a national bank note, being from the fed, but this was my first brown seal purchase, I guess a radar of some sort which hardly matters:

Edited by Coinfrog
12/09/2016 5:46 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2260 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2016  7:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Love that portrait of President Grant. Very nice example Mr.Frog.

I've been corresponding with a CCF member and they suggested a State Capital collection of Nationals.

At first I thought, that would be cool and then I thought it may be difficult. Take Florida for instance. The State Capital of Florida is Tallahassee, and I do not believe I have ever seen a Tallahassee National. I've seen a ton of Tallahassee Obsoletes but not one National. Some State Capitals, like Florida's Capital is a relatively small town and other states may be the same. What do you think ?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2639 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2016  7:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WheatBack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great misplaced town name.

Page: of 20 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05