Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1954 $1.00 Bill With No Serial Numbers And News Paper Artical About It.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 1,579Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Canada
545 Posts
 Posted 12/21/2016  02:07 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add chadcoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Pulled this out of a shoe box the other day and this is the actual $1.00 bill they wrote about. The owner of this bill cut out of the paper artical back in 1954 and dated it. Also the owner claimed the RCMP were involved if it was counterfeit and seized the bill, then returned it to the owner. It looks like it was really mis handled in the investigation now all crinkled. Thought I would share this very interesting story.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
545 Posts
 Posted 12/21/2016  02:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chadcoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
Canada
413 Posts
 Posted 12/21/2016  02:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lucv13 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cool!!
Bedrock of the Community
Canada
10742 Posts
 Posted 12/21/2016  05:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SHAFTA9a to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, very nice.
True North
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
8580 Posts
 Posted 12/21/2016  10:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
a light pinkish tint

The serial number has been chemically removed.
With the newspaper article however this is a very collectible item.
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4021 Posts
 Posted 12/21/2016  10:56 am  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Actually the whole thing cannot possibly tie together. The bill is chemically altered. You would need a Time Machine to get that Beattie Rasminsky Signature in 1954. A Note found in 1954 would be a Devils Face with Coyne and Towers Signature.
Beattie Rasminsky Modified notes are from the 1960s at the earliest.
Fake news story in my opinion.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
8580 Posts
 Posted 12/21/2016  11:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good point Pacificoin, the two items do not tie together, more than one person has been suckered in along the way.
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Pillar of the Community
Canada
545 Posts
 Posted 12/21/2016  5:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chadcoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for all your in put on this bill.I read all your posts and it made me wonder on this bill also. On behalf of the owner I had to re-interview him on this stuff and this is what he had to say. The 1954 date was put on the artical to match the date of the bill that he had with no serial numbers. He's and ex solider in his 90s from the Korean war and his memory is failing. He couldn't remember when he cut it from the paper. I noticed that the signatures are faint on this bill and we will send it in one day to get certified! Hope this helps!!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
61763 Posts
 Posted 12/25/2016  4:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great story and great analysis, Pacificoin.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
12089 Posts
 Posted 12/27/2016  3:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
chadcoins-

Quote:
and we will send it in one day to get certified

As this note has been altered and is in rough shape, I would save my time and money sending it in.
I doubt if any TPG would grade it.
Of course it is your decision but just saying I wouldn't bother.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 1,579Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05