Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post your "Almost a Fancy S/N"

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 17
Pillar of the Community
United States
511 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2017  12:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cashhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting note. I've looked @ it many times and I can't even think what they would on eBay.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
29591 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2017  4:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's just an interesting series of numbers, but not a fancy. Just worth face, imo.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8782 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2017  11:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Took me a few seconds to see it was 747474 bookended by 6's. Interesting, but with Coinfrog. Nothing there, particularly with the condition. If you like it, by all means keep it, but there is a lot you can do with $20.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1432 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2017  01:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Took me a few seconds to see it was 747474 bookended by 6's.

That's it Bookends/Bookended! That's what I was trying to remember.
Thanks CelticKnot
And I do agree, cool and interesting, a spender but if it tickles Your fancy then keep it.
My goal in life is to live forever, so far so good!

If you don't want to regret your past, don't screw up in the future because the future, inevitably, becomes the past!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8782 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2017  01:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
At your service, of course, Tootallious!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8293 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2017  02:56 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In my mind, that one is in a grey zone between almost fancy and fancy.
Congratulations to our "carmine-hosed Boston warriors"! 2018 World Champions

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
29591 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2017  4:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No argument. How tall is a tall tree?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1432 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2017  5:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
In my mind, that one is in a grey zone between almost fancy and fancy.

I know what you mean, the more I look at it the more I'm thinking that if it were mine I just may keep it. After all, if I'm in need of a quick $20.....

Coinfrog, How tall is a tall tree?
Tootall

If you don't want to regret your past, don't screw up in the future because the future, inevitably, becomes the past!
Edited by Tootallious
12/12/2017 5:36 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1495 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2017  7:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One mans ceiling is another mans floor.....

If you collect strictly from circulation finds, and for fun because you have to be part nerd to be interested in this paper money collecting thing, then keep it, it's kinda cool.

Otherwise, set it free for someone else to enjoy and don't think twice about it.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8782 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2017  7:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I saw a note on eBay today billed as a "double date".

Initially I thought it may have been an error I had never heard of but it was just a SN like 15998445.

Oh well.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1432 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2017  7:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I saw a note on eBay today billed as a "double date".

Yea, aren't some of the sellers on the Bay getting creative. It's getting ridiculous! IMHO, eBay needs moderators with experience in different fields to control these problems. Yes, I know, probably not cost effective if even possible. But...

Edited by Tootallious
12/12/2017 10:27 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8293 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2017  9:59 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
How tall is a tall tree?

Taller than shorter trees but shorter than taller trees.
Congratulations to our "carmine-hosed Boston warriors"! 2018 World Champions

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
29591 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2017  4:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
United States
1939 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2017  1:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Connor to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Anything special about this note? Maybe a birth year note?

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
29591 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2017  4:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fun note and probably has value. No doubt there are collectors of this sort of thing!
Page: of 17 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.02 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05