Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post your "Almost a Fancy S/N"  

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16
Valued Member
United States
499 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2017  4:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cashhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd hold it.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7075 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2017  7:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Anybody born in 1955 would like it. I know I would.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1218 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2017  8:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a pretty neat one Connor

Would that be considered like a 1955 birth date with double zero bookends?
My goal in life is to live forever, so far so good!

If you don't want to regret your past, don't screw up in the future because the future, inevitably, becomes the past!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1918 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2017  9:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Connor to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tootallious... I have no idea? I don’t really collect special serial numbers unless they really stand out to me. This has been in my wallet all week and I just got around to posting a picture. The note is circulated, however, it does not have any tears or writing on it.

What kind of money would it bring on eBay in this condition to the right person? $10-$20?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1218 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2017  10:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What kind of money would it bring on eBay in this condition to the right person? $10-$20?

I'm a total Greene Horne in the area of fancy serial numbers, trying to learn as much as possible. IMHO, there is more than likely someone out there that was born in 1955 that may be willing to part with a few bucks to have this bill but I do not think much more than $3-$4 but ya never know. And, I honestly doubt that it would attract the serious note or fancy note collector considering the condition that it is in.
Maybe do a search on eBay on birthday notes
My goal in life is to live forever, so far so good!

If you don't want to regret your past, don't screw up in the future because the future, inevitably, becomes the past!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
26596 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2017  4:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Part of the appeal is the symmetrical double zeros on either end. Imagine trying to put together a year set by date in this format, starting say with 1950.
Edited by Coinfrog
12/15/2017 5:00 pm
Valued Member
United States
499 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2017  4:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cashhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Part of the appeal is the symmetrical double zeros on either end ...

... and I also think having an E at the beginning and at the end is cool too.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1445 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2017  4:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That would be an interesting set indeed MrFrog! I think it would be an arduous task, but you would certainly have something once done!
Everyday is a great day. Semper Fi.
ANA Number: 3178122
My Wants List: http://goccf.com/t/188411
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7075 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2017  7:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Maybe do a search on eBay on birthday notes

I tried that and didn't have much luck. A few for sale, only one sold "best offer accepted".

The thing is, I was born that year, and while I think the note is really cool, I'm trying to imagine myself at a show, seeing it, and wondering what I'd pay.

I really can't decide.

You might try contacting a currency dealer online and see what kind of offer you get. They might just have the right customer for it -- that is, someone who isn't as frugal as me.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1918 Posts
 Posted 12/16/2017  2:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Connor to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another question about this note...as you can see in the picture it is circulated with some crispness still in the note. Would it benefit from putting in between the pages of a heavy book and stacking some weight on top of it? Or should I just leave it as is?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
26596 Posts
 Posted 12/16/2017  4:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just put it in a non-PVC stiff currency sleeve, that'll be fine.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7075 Posts
 Posted 12/16/2017  6:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When you try to smooth out a wrinkled note you end up flattening the embossing and paper collectors can tell right away. Just store it like Coinfrog suggested.
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2017  8:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add enkinibiru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Edited by enkinibiru
12/29/2017 9:22 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8355 Posts
 Posted 12/30/2017  12:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
enkinibiru!

Your 57571717 note is the closest thing to fancy, IMO. You might be able to get a premium if you list on eBay, but I wouldn't bother.

Keep looking!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
26596 Posts
 Posted 12/30/2017  2:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree.

to the paper money forum!
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.94 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05