has hit the 1491 firewall. That means it is time for a new edition so that the newer members can get in on the easy early years.
We will start this with any coin from 2017. That is right, 2017. I wanted to make this one start with a challenge, although I am certain there are plenty of them in the pipeline even if they are NIFC.
Once the first coin is posted, we can post 2017 coins until at least midnight (forum time).
After midnight (assuming a 2017 is posted) we can post coins from 2016. Keep in mind that we can continue to post 2017 coins until someone posts a 2016.
This rule will be in effect for every year: post the current year until at least midnight. This will allow multiple people to post their coins from each year.
Once we move to the next year, there is no going back, no catching up like is allowed in Moe's "Days Of" threads.
A summary of the rules...
1. You must own the coin.
2. You must post a photo of the actual coin you own. We do not care who took the photo. No stock photos allowed.
3. The coin can be from any country.
4. The date needs to be validated as described below:
Common era dating is preferred, but it is acceptable if the date can be converted from another calendar.
It is also acceptable if the date can be determined to the exact year from other criteria.
If it is not obvious, please inform how the date is determined (links are okay).
5. One Year Per Day! This allows for more participation. The change to the next year will occur at Midnight Forum Time (US Eastern Time)
6. We must go in order! No going back to previous years, no jumping ahead to later years.
7. One person should not create multiple posts for each year unless someone else has posted in between or you are posting coins as part of a set (like a proof set, commemorative set, etc).
8. To help page loads and scrolling, please put one coin (one or two photos) per post.
As per usual, we can handle controversies and questions as they occur. I will be counting on the veterans to help enforce rules and maintain flow.