Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

A collection of what we love in numismatic history  

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 46
Pillar of the Community
United States
5255 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2017  3:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice post TheNickelGuy
Pillar of the Community
United States
1311 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2017  10:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jpsned to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Quote:
What I find fascinating is that it has a hole for the 1894-S dime.

Apparently the dime did not yet have its current legendary, almost mythic status.
It has a plug that says "RARE" on it. I believe the current version still has the same plugged hole. I could be wrong.

I checked--the current folder does not have a hole for the 1894-S.
Edited by jpsned
03/15/2017 10:49 pm
Learn More...
United States
58050 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
5255 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2017  5:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Coinage Act of 1965

Learn More...
United States
58050 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2017  2:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is nice.

Here is another photo I took in NOLA. The act that authorized creation of the New Orleans and other branch mints.

Valued Member
United States
192 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2017  5:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gmwatson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
An absolutely great thread for we fellow coin enthusiasts. Just read through the thirteen pages to date and was amazed by the compilation of historical information. The smile I have upon reading through the many stories and documents certainly speaks volumes for why I enjoy this hobby so much. It's not just the physical coins that are so cool, but the history behind them.

Kudos to numismatic_student and all others contributing to the further education of we collectors.

Pillar of the Community
United States
5255 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2017  12:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks gmwatson and nice contribution jbuck!

The Depression and Gold in the US.

Learn More...
United States
58050 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2017  11:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Thanks gmwatson and nice contribution jbuck!
Thank you.

Quote:
The Depression and Gold in the US.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5255 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2017  12:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First in series of pictures from my visit to the US Mint.

This is a 10" plate proof of George T. Morgan's beloved design.

Learn More...
United States
58050 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
5255 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2017  12:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like the 3 cent nickel design. Sorry for the washed out picture - it was on a high shelf.

Valued Member
United States
192 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2017  6:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gmwatson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very cool, but mounting looks like something my teenage son would come up with. A couple screws buried into some plexi-glass. Surely the mint could come up with a little better display than that.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5255 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2017  8:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with you gmwatson - but apparently the mint could not...

The origins of the legends of coins.

Learn More...
United States
58050 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2017  11:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Sorry for the washed out picture - it was on a high shelf.
Good effort. Good stuff.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5255 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2017  6:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Page: of 46 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.43 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05