Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Hyperinflation Notes

Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8
Valued Member
United Kingdom
442 Posts
 Posted 09/05/2019  07:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ScotsGreyhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
10 million Mark, issued in Essen

Learn More...
United States
78380 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
634 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2019  6:28 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know this note is nothing like Germany's 10,000,000 Mark but at least they're a couple of Ecuadorian hyperinflation notes (P129 & P130) before they switched to the greenback:

"Scots" do any of these serious looking dudes qualify as "Rebells, dictators & despots?"

I have posted their reverse sides on the "Avian" thread.
Edited by walk2dwater
10/17/2019 6:30 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1151 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2019  03:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add owatchman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They are beautiful examples.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
442 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2019  03:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ScotsGreyhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice Ecuador notes walk2dwater
On the 20000, Moreno was twice President of Ecuador before being assassinated. He was of Spanish nobility descent & his sympathies were towards Catholicism,Spain & a Monarchy.
The 50000 with Eloy Alfaro, who was also a two-time President, Eloy Alfaro was strongly opposed to Moreno's pro-Catholic conservatism and rebelled accordingly over a number of years.
Alfaro was a radical Liberal & could earn a rightful place in the Despots/Rebels topic, walk2dwater
Pillar of the Community
Canada
634 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2019  6:00 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Alfaro was a radical Liberal & could earn a rightful place in the Despots/Rebels topic,

- a man after my own heart. Thanks for sharing!
Learn More...
United States
78380 Posts
Norway
27 Posts
 Posted 11/03/2019  03:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hahag to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Turkey 20 million Lirasi 2001

Pillar of the Community
Canada
3680 Posts
 Posted 11/03/2019  08:46 am  Show Profile   Check Libertad's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add Libertad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@owatchman's post: That Mozambique note: I'd be pretty alarmed and terrified (!) if I lived in a place where the currency on my island was hyper-inflated and had army soldiers printed on them. Looks like a direct threat in my eyes.

And this Turkish note above me looks SO very sinister. It doesn't even look real, like it belongs in a dystopian horror film.
Edited by Libertad
11/03/2019 08:49 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3680 Posts
 Posted 11/03/2019  09:09 am  Show Profile   Check Libertad's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add Libertad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
United Kingdom
442 Posts
 Posted 11/04/2019  01:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ScotsGreyhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lovely Turkey and Mexico notes hahag, Libertad

Germany 10,000 Mark (1923)

Learn More...
United States
78380 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
634 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2019  6:16 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
200,000,000 Drachmai banknote from Greece printed in 1944 (75 years old).

Valued Member
United Kingdom
442 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2019  02:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ScotsGreyhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice Greek note walk2dwater
Learn More...
United States
78380 Posts
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.12 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05