Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

$100 1929 Frbn Chicago Sequential Order

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6
Pillar of the Community
United States
4662 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2017  11:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"Bankrobber" (I mean Robinbanks!)

As far as eBay goes, I sold a lot of currency and coin related items over the years but have backed way off in the last few years.

Based on my 16 years of eBay experience I can only offer this advice: 1). Do not under any circumstances sell to buyers outside of the USA. Granted most eBay international buyers are good people. The problem is the postal and customs agencies seem to have a knack for helping your coin and currency items magically "disappear". When that happens, YOU eat the loss. 2). Ship your valuable items with signature tracking and insured for their full value.

I look forward to seeing your results....please keep us posted and GOOD LUCK!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1963 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2017  11:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coin197 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Remember about the $1000 limit per month. Do not go above $10000 in sales, unless you wish to deal with pesky tax forms!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2642 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2017  11:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WheatBack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
eBay also has a price limit on Buy It Now listings if the notes/coins exceed $2500 and they aren't graded. Just thought I'd mention that if you were considering doing a BIN listing.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10056 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2017  12:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The plot thickens on this one. Lots of good info.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
41482 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2017  7:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wheat - correct and thanks for posting this.
United States
32 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2017  2:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RobinBanks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I ordered some BCW rigid sleeves for my $100 bills. Now I'm second guessing myself about putting them inside the sleeves. I sort of like the nostalgia of having these in the original band. What are everyone's thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Robin
Pillar of the Community
United States
3157 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2017  3:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mkman123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
put them in the sleeves to protect them
Pillar of the Community
United States
4662 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2017  6:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Seperate sleeves with the band in a sleeve too.

The individual sleeves help to keep your notes safe and reduces handling marks.

Are you putting a single note up on eBay anytime soon?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
41482 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2017  6:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good advice.

Here's a current eBay TPG-graded example for comparison: 141460220645

This seller usually lists well over average retail and entertains offers. I personally would grade this only 65.

Edited by Coinfrog
03/10/2017 6:50 pm
United States
32 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2017  01:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RobinBanks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

So I finally took the advice of placing my notes in a holder, thank you. This is a photo of the first note in the series of 17 consecutive. Would you consider this an AU condition?

Thanks
Robin
Pillar of the Community
United States
4662 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2017  2:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The smudging seen on the reverse top right center does not help. It is sometimes referred to as "counting smudges or counting marks".

I do not see any folds or crinkling in the paper from your pictures. The centering is slightly better than average.

So, I think your note is high end AU to low end UNC. An examination in hand, under better lighting conditions, by an experienced expert might render a different opinion.

Most eBay bidders would only bid AU money on an uncertified note like that.
United States
32 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2017  5:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RobinBanks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Westersky. I agree with you completely. I just found out there is a PMG 30 minutes from my house. I will bring these notes to him and see what notes would be best to submit. Quick question, how much would it cost me to send a note to get graded?
Pillar of the Community
United States
4662 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2017  12:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have no idea what a dealer would charge for a submission to PMG.

You can join the PCGS CURRENCY Collectors Club for something around 229$ for a Platinum Level membership and get a certificate for 15 FREE submissions. Submissions are not rocket science and if you use Registered Mail you can insure your submission for up to 25K$. I've been mailing stuff registered mail for 50 years and have NEVER had a registered one come up missing. (Unfortunately, I can't say the same for Priority Mail!)

If you are not in a huge hurry that's what I would suggest.
United States
32 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2017  10:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RobinBanks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I finally decided to post and sell a set of these $100 1929 Chicago on eBay. Should I post it here and you can tell me if I posted it correctly?
Edited by RobinBanks
05/08/2017 11:11 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3157 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2017  11:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mkman123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
woohoo! Gonna be awesome to see these for sale here
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.47 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05