Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

H. R. 1235 - Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall Of Fame Commemorative Coin Act

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 61 / Views: 4,622Next Topic
Page: of 5
Valued Member
United States
219 Posts
 Posted 02/29/2020  03:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add freddo30 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What a quagmire. Poor designs, the usual 3 coin set, no reference to the funding recipient, a 3rd party production facility, ad infinitum ad nauseam ... I'm glad I dumped this program several years ago so I'm not faced with flushing money away on this blah issue. Then the grading service labels. To each his own, but as for me : blechh ; and I don't even like basketball. Let those millionaires support their own self-aggrandizement facility.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1174 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2020  12:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pricing from the March 16th Federal Register

major increases from last year

PRF $ + 23.4%
UNC $ + 21.2%
PRF 1/2 + 33.5%
UNC 1/2 + 35.7%
Valued Member
United States
105 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2020  11:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Erscolo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All the more reason to pass on this one.
Pillar of the Community
United States
843 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2020  5:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
whoa!
Valued Member
United States
270 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2020  8:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bzookaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$45 for the kid's set? That'll sure get them buying.
Learn More...
United States
86174 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10436 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2020  12:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm out on this one too.
Valued Member
United States
290 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2020  9:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add goldnugget to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I hope it is not a Sell Out the 1st Day I will not be able to order until late Saturday Evening
Valued Member
United States
270 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2020  10:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bzookaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The kid's set includes an enhanced uncirculated coin. That's probably the only one likely to sell out quickly.
Valued Member
United States
348 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2020  7:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mellamobradley46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They have 'photos' up on the mint's website now and the reverse looks great. The obverse looks like a man and a woman about to knock over a man in a wheelchair. The release date was pushed back a few days.
Pillar of the Community
United States
696 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2020  1:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The kid's set includes an enhanced uncirculated coin. That's probably the only one likely to sell out quickly.

I can see it getting bought out by the big boys once the HH limit is lifted. $45 for a clad half dollar is pricey regardless of finish.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10436 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2020  6:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I can see it getting bought out by the big boys once the HH limit is lifted. $45 for a clad half dollar is pricey regardless of finish.

Yeah... I am definitely avoiding all of these, particularly in the current financial climate.
Valued Member
United States
270 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2020  3:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bzookaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just received the mailer advertising these coins. It mentions the colorized version:

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10436 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2020  6:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting. I wonder what the release date is going to be for these -- I don't see them on the June 4th lineup. Actually, I don't see them on the product schedule at all.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1505 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2020  3:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
$45 for the kid's set? That'll sure get them buying.

$45 is just beyond unbelievable. It should be like maybe $8 or $10.
Page: of 5 Previous TopicReplies: 61 / Views: 4,622Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.01 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05