Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Who Collects Old Tickets?

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 59 / Views: 6,018Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar of the Community
United States
965 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2018  11:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thisistheshow to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just discovered this thread. Amazing stuff!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8736 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2018  11:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Me too! Nice tix
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Valued Member
United States
428 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2018  01:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Back on page 1, I posted passes for visiting the galleries of the House of Representatives and the Senate chamber. Here's a pass for a visit to the White House. The vignette is also by the Bureau of Engraving & Printing. After a little digging I found out Michael Trachtenberg was a Russian exchange student who met with Eleanor Roosevelt. Less than 10 years later having a Russian in the White House would be unthinkable.

Pillar of the Community
United States
4141 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2018  08:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a great piece of history!
ANA member: 3178122
NTCA member: 10118
Learn More...
United States
86130 Posts
Valued Member
United States
428 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2018  9:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Halloween is just a week away, so it's time to post my creepiest ticket. It's a 1930 train ticket on the Michigan Central RR ... for a dead body. The trip was between Ann Arbor, MI and Coudersport, PA. Perhaps it was less expensive to pay for a passenger ticket than for freight -- since a "corpse" rubber stamp existed, I have to assume this sort of thing happened somewhat frequently.

Somehow I doubt the ticket holder rode with the rest of the passengers.

Edited by GregAlex
10/24/2018 9:11 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3479 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2018  9:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
United States
428 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2018  01:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh, I'd like to see a close-up of both side of that Pan-American Expo ticket! I've been looking for one of those for a while.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4141 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2018  07:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice creepy add Greg. That is an interesting piece of history

Learn More...
United States
86130 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2018  10:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Somehow I doubt the ticket holder rode with the rest of the passengers.
Oh my!

Good one!
Valued Member
United States
428 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2018  7:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So here's one I just uncovered. No idea when I got it, but it's probably something I nabbed from a dollar box. It's a 1948 American Airlines ticket stub from Detroit to New York (or maybe Newark). Along with the envelope it came in. Does $31.45 one-way sound like a good deal?

Pillar of the Community
United States
4141 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2018  07:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice item Greg. Transportation history like this is always interesting.
Learn More...
United States
86130 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5159 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2018  6:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Does $31.45 one-way sound like a good deal?

That 1948 ticket would've cost about $330 using 2018 valued dollars.

Air travel was a huge expense back then. Most people traveled by train or bus back in those days. Some of us still do.
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 59 / Views: 6,018Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05