Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

New ASE Proof From The San Fran Mint

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 222 / Views: 19,551Next Topic
Page: of 15
Pillar of the Community
United States
1763 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2017  11:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It may not technically have a mintage limit, but if it's in one product that has a product limit of 75k and another that has a product limit of 50k, then it has a de facto mintage limit of 125k. That is, unless the mint adds it to another product.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11424 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2017  02:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Couldn't care less about mintage. Buying 2. That is all.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4901 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2017  08:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
and another that has a product limit of 50k

Assumed to be 50k...and at that potential price level it is probably correct.

I still expect the S to also be included in another set OR just released singularly with "mintage limit: none" added...
Pillar of the Community
United States
7665 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2017  4:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
They repeated what is on their product page.

I did/do not see it specifically stated on the web page where they say this S-mint ASE will be offered in other sets. Therefore, I emailed them to find out if the Experience has taught me to assume nothing when dealing with the mint. I also wanted to know if the S-mint would be a new key for the proof ASE series.

How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11424 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
5078 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2017  11:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm confused here.

People on page one are saying it is a W proof while the link says it is a S mint proof with fancy marketing packaging.

What is the official 2017 ASE proof mint?

West Point or San Francisco?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1763 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2017  01:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The current regular annual proof ASE is minted in West Point. The proof ASE in the 2017 Congratulations set is being minted in San Francisco.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4901 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2017  09:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yup, the S mint ASE is not a routine (yearly) item like the yearly W and bullion
Valued Member
United States
88 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2017  3:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hu5kers77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No household limit as of yet, this will be interesting.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7665 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2017  3:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks CelticKnot - I was only on the other page.

Pillar of the Community
United States
3210 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2017  3:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Imthealphaomega to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm ordering 4 one for myself, one for a friend and 2 for another friend to resell at shows. I am doing the same as I did for the 2017 W Ase
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11424 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2017  4:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No problem and congrats on 4k posts, Earle42!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4901 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2017  08:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"Upcoming products" list is off line...probably changing the HH limit on the S ASE

(oops, never mind...all products are off line...website issue)
Edited by Foxwoods Man
04/03/2017 08:55 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1763 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2017  10:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hopefully that's not a sign of things to come tomorrow.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7665 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2017  11:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! Thanks. I totally missed that Celtic Knot!

I've been a bit off - more than normal - as of recent anyway.
Page: of 15 Previous TopicReplies: 222 / Views: 19,551Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: