Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

New ASE Proof From The San Fran Mint

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 222 / Views: 20,130Next Topic
Page: of 15
Pillar of the Community
United States
7387 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2017  12:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cascade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Really?!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4901 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2017  12:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"under the radar...let me rephrase that....

Wow..toast in 3 minutes
Pillar of the Community
United States
1764 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2017  12:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If they actually sold 75k in under three minutes, then my guess is that there were some huge block purchases. Set your DVR for HSN's coin show hype.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7387 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2017  12:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cascade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Holy moley. I've never heard of such a quick sellout with no complaints of reloading and not accepting payment etc
Pillar of the Community
United States
712 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2017  12:16 pm  Show Profile   Check captainrich's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add captainrich to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Perhaps someone should remind the US Mint that the intended purpose behind their Congratulations Coin folder is to present a special keepsake for this year's graduate. But how many of these sets will reach the hand of a graduate? Less than one percent, maybe? Today's offering seems to have defeated the purpose of the Congratulations Set.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1764 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2017  12:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Keep in mind that they may have initially produced a quantity less than 75k because they didn't anticipate the demand. Clearly they didn't anticipate the demand because they didn't have a household limit. The 2015 Congratulations set didn't even make 8,000. The 2016 set is still on sale, but only 2,318 have been sold as of the end of February.
Edited by Bret
04/04/2017 12:26 pm
Valued Member
United States
430 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2017  12:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mellamobradley46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That went through surprisingly smoothly. Almost too smoothly. Probably should have bought more but only wanted ones for my sons and one for nephew who graduates this year.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7387 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2017  12:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cascade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bret. That was probably the backorder lot that then sold out. I wonder if a few will go up in the coming days die to bad credit cards etc.

Got confirmation email!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4901 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2017  12:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Holy moley. I've never heard of such a quick sellout with no complaints of reloading and not accepting payment etc

No time for complaints or reloading issues...a few massive orders would wipe them out
Edited by Foxwoods Man
04/04/2017 12:28 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
7387 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2017  12:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cascade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yup. I suggest selling your multiples fast if that's your intention.
Rest in Peace
United States
17900 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2017  12:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you have one for sale, PM me. I hate thinking I'll have a hole in my set.
Valued Member
United States
154 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2017  1:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Taphandle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Picked up 2 right at the twelve o'clock mark along with 2017w proof and added another 2016 Unc. The site did not stutter one bit, or show any signs of congestion. I couldn't believe it when I read on here that it was sold out, had to go look and sure enough.....it is.

Today is Tuesday, I imagine these will make it on the mints sales report tomorrow, very curious to see what that number will be.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1341 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2017  1:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jgfindring to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Already going crazy on eBay. Over 100 went fast in the $65 to $80 range, now the selling prices are up around $130 to $160 and asking prices from $150 to $200
Pillar of the Community
United States
6446 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2017  1:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very disappointing, I have purchased every American silver eage from the mint since 1996,21 years of a faithful coustomer, and now I'm blocked out by speculators
Pillar of the Community
United States
3210 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2017  1:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Imthealphaomega to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's been a chaotic day as I am leaving for Florida shortly , I totally spaced and forgot to place an order, my flights been delayed already 4 times. I won't get to Florida now til 10pm. I went onto the site at 1pm and it was sadly sold out. My friends said no biggie, if I need them that badly down the line I know people who can get me one for a slight premium.
Edited by Imthealphaomega
04/04/2017 1:56 pm
Page: of 15 Previous TopicReplies: 222 / Views: 20,130Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: