Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

New ASE Proof From The San Fran Mint

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 222 / Views: 19,552Next Topic
Page: of 15
Pillar of the Community
United States
1770 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2017  2:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add M0nks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
wow I cannot believe what I am reading here, at 1200 pm I was literally in and out in seconds and now I read it sold out in minutes? how is that even possible with no problems on the website at all?
Pillar of the Community
United States
999 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2017  2:05 pm  Show Profile   Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add omxfl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
^
I think it has to do with the numbers of orders being placed. If they had a HH limit in place, thousands of orders would have been placed for maybe 3 sets on average. As it stands it was a few orders for thousands each plus the few us lucky ones bought.
Bullionexchanges have several different graded S-proof ASE available at the moment - a total of 315... And that's just the graded ones. Wait until you get the email from MCM or watch the HSN. I wouldn't be surprised if dealers snatched up 2/3 of the entire mintage.
Valued Member
United States
154 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2017  2:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Taphandle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Already going crazy on eBay. Over 100 went fast in the $65 to $80 range, now the selling prices are up around $130 to $160 and asking prices from $150 to $200

I can't see why there is such a frenzy on the bay as most everyone knows there will be another chance at this coin but won't come quite as cheap in the LESPS.

This is the same thing that happened with the gold Mercury dime last year. I didn't think they would ever do a no limit again. I guess they know where their bread is buttered.
Edited by Taphandle
04/04/2017 2:13 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4901 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2017  2:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I think it has to do with the numbers of orders being placed. If they had a HH limit in place, thousands of orders would have been placed for maybe 3 sets on average. As it stands it was a few orders for thousands each plus the few us lucky ones bought.

Exactly....bigger orders= less orders= less website pressure

..and from CoinWeek:

Quote:
CoinWeek's call into Michael White at the Office of Corporate Communications at the United States Mint confirmed that the U.S. Mint would no longer accept orders for the Congratulations Set until all current orders are processed. The potential exists that some small number of orders might be cancelled and that the product reserved for unfilled orders would made available again at a future date

Edited by Foxwoods Man
04/04/2017 2:10 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4901 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2017  2:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

I can't see why there is such a frenzy on the bay as most everyone knows there will be another chance at this coin but won't come quite as cheap in the LESPS.

Just a hunch but maybe collectors would rather spend $55 for the S ASE than $200 for the LESPS set which is TOTALLY repetitive except for the S....

Maybe....
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11424 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2017  2:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Boy, I got that one wrong. Guess I missed that there was no HH limit. The mint strikes again...
Valued Member
United States
154 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2017  2:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Taphandle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I guess us little players won't be completely safe until we get the "order shipped" email. I can see the mint messing with over a single purchaser to appease a big time dealer.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1763 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2017  2:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
CoinWeek's call into Michael White at the Office of Corporate Communications at the United States Mint confirmed that the U.S. Mint would no longer accept orders for the Congratulations Set until all current orders are processed. The potential exists that some small number of orders might be cancelled and that the product reserved for unfilled orders would made available again at a future date.

You can read this one of two ways.
1) They have not produced all 75k sets (and coins). Additional sets will be available after they're produced. This happened with the March of Dimes Special Set.
2) They produced all 75k knowing that they'd sell out due to the S mint mark. If that's the case, they really messed up by not having a household limit.
I think (1) is what happened, so I'm betting some more Congratulation sets will be available once they're produced. I guess we should be able to tell something once the sales numbers come out.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4901 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2017  2:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Guess I missed that there was no HH limit.

Discussed on this thread MANY times....I couldn't believe they didn't put one in at the last minute

..and I should add...if I hadn't been randomly cruising the MANY coin forums I would NOT have even heard about it and would not have posted the alert...
Pillar of the Community
United States
1037 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2017  2:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add welder to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I didn't think this would become "Unavailable" so soon. HH limits should have been in place.

Hasn't the Mint learned this already?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1770 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2017  2:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add M0nks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
or a 3td option they secretly sold to the dealers last night (x-files conspiracy) and left only a few sets for today. but seriously yea they probably did not sell all of them yet or like you said omx no HH less people so that way only a handful of sets were truly left at 1200 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4901 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2017  2:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
so I'm betting some more Congratulation sets will be available once they're produced.

That is the definition of "backordered" status not "currently unavailable" a.k.a "Sold out"

I have seen some orders for these saying "processing" and others saying "backordered". BUT ALL in that 75k limit....key point is that the order had to be place before the "currently unavailable" showed up...some will be shipped soon and others are waiting for production BUT both are in that 75k limit which is exhausted except for some CC cancellations
Edited by Foxwoods Man
04/04/2017 2:58 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
999 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2017  3:13 pm  Show Profile   Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add omxfl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
According to the mintnewsblog only some 800 were placed before the "currently unavailable" message appeared. That's not even 100 per order.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4901 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2017  3:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yup....but how many of us order 100+ coins? A 1000 coin order can be offset by 5 or so two coin orders
Edited by Foxwoods Man
04/04/2017 3:26 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1763 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2017  3:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
That is the definition of "backordered" status not "currently unavailable" a.k.a "Sold out"

I did not realize. Well I guess the mint just messed up.

Quote:
According to the mintnewsblog only some 800 were placed before the "currently unavailable" message appeared. That's not even 100 per order.

It would not at all surprise me if the coin guy at HSN bought tens of thousands.
Page: of 15 Previous TopicReplies: 222 / Views: 19,552Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: