Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Who Collects Stocks And Bonds?

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5
Valued Member
United States
395 Posts
 Posted 01/06/2018  01:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You have a nice start on your collection, Scott! Here's a slightly later version of the Tobacco Products stock with a similar sharecropper vignette.

A tip on scanning: set your resolution on 300 dpi or so. It will create a larger image than you need, but it will prevent the weird moire patterns that showed up on the full scan of Harnischeeger stock. Then you can just reduce the image size to something more suitable for posting. It's a two-step process, but you'll get better results. The fine lines of engravings are notoriously hard to scan at low resolution and often produce funky results.

Edited by GregAlex
01/06/2018 01:18 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
527 Posts
 Posted 01/06/2018  06:01 am  Show Profile   Check casualcoincollector's eBay Listings Check casualcoincollector's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add casualcoincollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1935 GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE DISTRICT $1,000 BOND Series C

Valued Member
United States
395 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2018  01:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice bridge bond! Haven't seen one of the Golden Gate before.

I'm going to add a hodge-podge of designs that I just like, some for their quirkiness. Like Electrozone! Don't you just love that name?

Pillar of the Community
United States
3990 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2018  08:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wonderful unique posts Greg. I am partial to the fisheries one. And thank you for the tip on the scanning and the compliment. I appreciate the feedback.

Great looking bond Casual.
ANA member: 3178122
NTCA member: 10118
Pillar of the Community
United States
3990 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2018  11:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
An addition to the thread, as well as a process change on my scanning.

Learn More...
United States
78326 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2018  11:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
An addition to the thread, as well as a process change on my scanning.
Looking good.
Valued Member
United States
395 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2018  01:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh yeah, that looks much cleaner, Scott!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3990 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  07:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Commonwealth Oil refining: an earlier design than my previous one.

Valued Member
United States
395 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  7:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like you also need to set your scanner to 300dpi, Scott. That's what is causing those wild moire patterns. Scanning at higher resolution should get rid of the problem, then you can reduce the size of the image back to 72 dpi.
Edited by GregAlex
01/12/2018 7:31 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3990 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2018  9:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
HA I thought I had it worked out. Thanks for the feedback Greg. I will get it one of these days!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3990 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2018  08:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This says it is an interim stock certificate.
Learn More...
United States
78326 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
3990 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2018  08:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Anyone have any from Mexico they can post? I would like so see some of those.
Valued Member
United States
395 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2018  1:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's one I already have scanned. It's an odd size for a bond -- closer to a large-size banknote. I included part of a $1 bill for scale.

I have some other Mexico material I think, but I'll have to dig around. For some reason in recent years there's been a lot of speculation in obsolete Mexican bonds and the prices have shot way up.

Pillar of the Community
United States
3990 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2018  1:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well that is interesting and certainly smaller than I would have thought! Thank you greg for posting.
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.29 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05