Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Liquidation sale 1 - Roman Antoninianii  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
3212 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2017  3:20 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Finn235 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
As some of you know, I am currently in between jobs and need to liquidate some of my duplicates to stay on top of bills. All prices I would consider fair, but I am willing to consider any reasonable offers.

Shipping is $3 to the U.S. Foreign shipping is $12.

I can accept paypal, cash, or check.

1. Postumus, Secessionist emperor in Gaul, 259-269 AD
IMP C POSTVMVS PF AVG, Radiate, cuirassed and draped bust right
SALVS AVG, Salus standing, leaning on rudder, feeding serpent climbing from altar
RIC 85

A superb portrait on a flan of good size. The patina is a bit bumpy, and this coin could probably use a long soak in distilled water or olive oil. A very nice example of the type.

$12

2. Postumus 259-269 AD
IMP C POSTVMVS PF AVG, Radiate, draped bust right
IOVI VICTORI, Jupiter standing, holding scepter and preparing thunderbolt for a good ol' fashioned smiting
RIC 311

Coin much better in hand than in photos. Very nice, less common reverse type in good style.

$16

3. Gallienus, sole reign 260-268
GALLIENVS AVG, Radiate bust right
DIANAE CONS AVG, Stag walking left
RIC 179

A weakly struck reverse with a superb portrait for the series. Attractive smooth black patina. This, along with the other "zoo series" were minted to invoke the divine protection against the continual onslaught of hardships facing the Empire. This one invokes Diana, goddess of the Hunt.

$6

4. Gallienus, sole reign 260-268
PAX PVBLICA, Pax seated left, holding olive branch and scepter, Mintmark V
RIC 260

A good portrait and clear reverse, despite the ragged flan.

$5

5. Gallienus, sole reign 260-268
IMP GALLIENVS PF AVG, Radiate bust right
SALVS AVG, Aesculapius standing, leaning on serpent-entwined staff, Mintmark P
RIC 511

Again somewhat patchy patina, but a generous, fully intact flan with great eye appeal. Tough reverse deity as well!

$15

6. Claudius II "Gothicus" 268-270
IMP CLAVDIVS PF AVG, Radiate bust right
VICTOR GERMAN, Trophy between two bound captives
RIC 247
Rated Rare!

A rare, historically significant antoninianus from one of the Crisis's most famed emperors! Some weakness in the lettering and a small flan crack, but the coin is gorgeously detailed with a very attractive green patina.

$25

7. Claudius II 268-270
IMP CLAVDIVS PF AVG, Radiate and draped bust right
VICTORIA AVG, Victory running right holding wreath and palm branch, mintmark S
RIC 171
Milan Mint

Coin is much better in hand. A truly superb portrait of Claudius II, from a very early issue soon after his nomination as emperor.

$15

8. Salonina, wife of Gallienus 253-268
SALONINA AVG, Draped bust right on crescent
PVDICITIA, Pudicitia seated, holding scepter and drawing back drapery from face. Mintmark VI
RIC 25

Difficult to photograph, but coin has a very attractive glossy black/charcoal patina. Very attractive in-hand, even if a bit worn. A solid example

$12

9. Tetricus I, Gallic emperor 271-274
IMP C TETRICVS PF AVG, Draped and radiate bust right
PAX AVG, Pax holding olive branch and scepter
RIC 100

Nice solid example of the type with a good portrait on a smallish flan.

$8

10. Tetricus I, Gallic emperor 271-274
IMP C TETRICVS PF AVG, Draped and cuirassed bust right
SPES PVBLICA, Spes walking left, raising robes and holding flower
RIC 136

Despite the irregular flan, this coin is in terriffic shape, and displays an unusually good art style for the series. The portrait is superb, and appears to have been cut down from an older Victorinus portrait. This would be in my collection if I didn't already have one I was more fond of!

$20

11. Tetricus I, Gallic emperor 271-274
RIC 100

Very nice portrait with an attractive patina on a severely reduced flan. May be a very good quality contemporary copy.

12. Claudius II 268-270
FORTVNA REDVX, Fortuna standing, holding rudder and cornucopia
Double struck, second strike about 3mm lower and 45 degrees rotated from first strike.
RIC 41

A truly superb error coin that I would probably be keeping if I didn't already promise myself I woud sell it. Very interestingly, the obverse second strike is rotated more than the reverse, I suppose indicating that the mint employee turned the die slightly for the second strike.

$40

13. Valerian I 253-260
IMP C P LIC VALERIANVS PF AVG
VOTA ORBIS, Two victories mounting shield inscribed S-C on palm tree
Antioch mint, c. 253-256 AD
RIC 294 (var. Obv legend?)

A bit rough, but still a solid example of a scarcer and historically significant reverse type for this emperor, signifying his intent to stick it to the Persians and recover the lost territory in the East.

$20

14. Claudius II 268-270
IMP CLAVDIVS AVG, Radiate head right
MARTI PACIF, Mars standing, holding olive branch and spear, sheild resting at knee

The reverse shows some environmental wear, but the obverse is quite well preserved and lustrous with an attractive green patina. Somewhat reduced flan, but solid. Unusual portrait style. Much better in hand!

$18

15. Gallienus, sole reign 260-268
IMP GALLIENVS AVG, Radiate head rightABVNANTIA AVG, Abundantia standing, emptying cornucopia
RIC 157

Somewhat worn, but solid details with much better artwork on the reverse than is typical for coins of this period. Very nice political message! Glossy dark patina in hand.

$6

16. Gordian III 238-244
IMP CAES M ANT GORDIANVS AVG, Radiate and draped bust right
AEQUITAS AVG, Aequitas standing, holding scales and cornucopia
RIC 34

A really nice coin, as his usually are. Some light wear, but solid details, Just look at the intricate detailing on Aequitas' cornucopia!

$40

Thansk for looking!
Learn about my avatar here:
http://goccf.com/t/276704
Edited by Finn235
04/28/2017 3:26 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
5090 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2017  11:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheNickelGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I want a couple-few of these. Gimme first crack until I look them over. I'm not going anywhere. BRB
I am sure of one thing when it comes to coins.
I am frequently wrong.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5090 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2017  11:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheNickelGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
3. Gallienus, sole reign 260-268
DIANAE CONS AVG, Stag walking left
RIC 179
A weakly struck reverse with a superb portrait for the series. Attractive smooth black patina. This, along with the other "zoo series" were minted to invoke the divine protection against the continual onslaught of hardships facing the Empire. This one invokes Diana, goddess of the Hunt.
$6
------------------
9. Tetricus I, Gallic emperor 271-274
RIC 100
Nice solid example of the type with a good portrait on a smallish flan.
$8
--------------------
There's no price on #11 possible copy.
and interested depending on price.
--------------------
15. Gallienus, sole reign 260-268
IMP GALLIENVS AVG, Radiate head rightABVNANTIA AVG, Abundantia standing, emptying cornucopia
RIC 157

Somewhat worn, but solid details with much better artwork on the reverse than is typical for coins of this period. Very nice political message! Glossy dark patina in hand.
$6
I am frequently wrong.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3212 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2017  11:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Finn235 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Whoops! Copy/paste error on my part for 11. That one is $5.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5090 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2017  11:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheNickelGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Add this

8. Salonina, wife of Gallienus 253-268
SALONINA AVG, Draped bust right on crescent
PVDICITIA, Pudicitia seated, holding scepter and drawing back drapery from face. Mintmark VI
RIC 25
Difficult to photograph, but coin has a very attractive glossy black/charcoal patina. Very attractive in-hand, even if a bit worn. A solid example

$12

Just caught your last post. I'll take No 11 too for $5.00.
Add up my bill and send me an email please. Thanks
I am frequently wrong.
Edited by TheNickelGuy
04/29/2017 11:55 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
5090 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2017  11:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheNickelGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like $40.00 right?
I'm ready to pay.
I am frequently wrong.
Edited by TheNickelGuy
04/30/2017 12:09 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
3212 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2017  12:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Finn235 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
PM sent
Pillar of the Community
United States
5090 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2017  12:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheNickelGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Paid and replied - Thank you very much.
I am frequently wrong.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5090 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2017  3:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheNickelGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Super fast shipping. Professional seller. Coins are awesome and better than expected. You know how to do it buddy. Thank you!

I am frequently wrong.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3212 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2017  01:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Finn235 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Glad to hear it! Hope to see them posted over in the Ancients section sometime!

3, 8, 9, 11, and 15 are gone! Rest are still up for sale.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3212 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2017  12:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Finn235 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
16 is gone! 1-2, 4-7, 10, and 12-14 are still available!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3368 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2017  12:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fioti to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Finn, PM'd
Pillar of the Community
United States
3212 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2017  11:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Finn235 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1, 2, and 7 sold!

4, 5, 6 and 12-14 are still available!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3368 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2017  12:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fioti to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pieces received. You're right, better in hand. Let's do this again.
Edited by fioti
05/24/2017 12:20 pm
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.81 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05