Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Expanded cardboard flip sizes  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
713 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2017  9:00 pm Show Profile   Check 999fine's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add 999fine to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Maybe this has been pointed out before but I recently came across this seller of 12 sizes of cardboard flips. I bought a couple lots of "non-standard" sizes. I have no vested interest in the seller.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-Assorte...AOSwDNdVr4iS
Still trying to complete my Dansco 7000.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2915 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2017  9:13 pm  Show Profile   Check AgCoinAu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add AgCoinAu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I used to buy all different sized flips... Now I'm pretty happy with always using the same size regardless of the coin... so I usually buy coins for 50 cent pieces and only buy bigger packs if there's a need.
R.C.N.A. #23833
Pillar of the Community
United States
2767 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2017  9:23 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting. Those could probably come in handy with world coins and tokens if you prefer to avoid excess plastic around the coin.
"When you make the finding yourself - even if you're the last person on Earth to see the light - you'll never forget it."
-Carl Sagan
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3628 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2017  9:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good to know @999F--thanks for posting this. For many medieval/ancient coins, the dramatic thickness means that we often need to upsize the window diameter in order to fit the coin.
"It certainly strikes the beholder with astonishment, to perceive what vast difficulties can be overcome by the pigmy arms of little mortal man, aided by science and directed by superior skill." --Henry VIII
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
668 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2017  04:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coconutjoe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, Thanks for posting. I could use couple unusual sizes.
"Wisdom is not a product of schooling
but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it."
- Albert Einstein
Pillar of the Community
Norway
1008 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2017  12:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add UltraRant to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not sure if I see the added value of having for example a 29 mm where the standard is 30 mm. It's not like you have an ocean of space if your coin is 28.5 mm anyway... Or am I missing something here?

Those of 40 mm actually seem very interesting as they're slightly bigger than the 39.5 mm which is the biggest here. And I do have a few coins at exactly 40 mm...
Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!

I have a contest! http://goccf.com/t/263917
Edited by UltraRant
05/19/2017 12:33 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1161 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2017  3:00 pm  Show Profile   Check Chute72's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Chute72 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How is this not in supplies?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
906 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2017  3:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To @

Here you can have the basic sizes:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_ssn...=coins+flips

Learn More...
United States
45014 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2017  4:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
How is this not in supplies?
An oversight which has been corrected.

Please use the "Report this Post to the Staff" link in the lower right corner of every post to let us know.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1161 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2017  10:17 pm  Show Profile   Check Chute72's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Chute72 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks. And I do like the idea of more sizes to fit the foreign coins.
Pillar of the Community
United States
713 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2017  01:45 am  Show Profile   Check 999fine's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 999fine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I received my order and here are my observations.

Pros:

They are neatly packaged in lots of 50 pcs. (I ordered 4 sizes, 50 ea)
The card stock is excellent quality.
The card stock is thin which makes for easy stapling compared to thicker cards.
The cutting of the cards to shape is neat and smooth compared to some I've ordered elsewhere which look like they were die cut with perforations and torn apart.

Overall, a quality product. While 1.5 mm may not seem like much, as a collector of non-standard US coins, a touch of extra room is often needed, also as pointed out with thicker coins.

Cons:

Some might find the thin card less desirable when applying to thicker coins.
The holes match perfectly but one side is about 1/32" shorter than the other.
A little work is necessary as the fold sometimes is slightly crooked from one side to the other.

I love the 37 mm size. I need to order some 40 mm to see how they work.

Shipping time was quite fast, I ordered on a Saturday, they arrived on the next Thursday 2 days ahead of estimate.

I apologize for posting in the "wrong" category. I'm not as familiar with the categories as others might be.

Learn More...
United States
45014 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2017  12:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the review, 999fine.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
15741 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2017  6:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I too used to use different sizes for different coins. Now I only use about 3 different sizes for all coins.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
United States
713 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2017  6:49 pm  Show Profile   Check 999fine's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 999fine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just carl - there's something to be said about keeping things simple!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 3.18 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05