Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

A new coin set from the Mint on 8-1-17, EU 225th Anniversary Set

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 51
Pillar of the Community
United States
1068 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2017  12:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent point jgfindring.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4266 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2017  1:36 pm  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree...good point about that mintmark thing...

More Info, pics and video:

http://www.coinnews.net/2017/07/03/...anniversary/

Pillar of the Community
United States
1607 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2017  1:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yet another set and PCGS example(s) to keep my Sacagawea/Native set up to date. darn my OCD/ADD/Asperger's issues.

BTW, I'm looking for a 2000-D ICG Teton & Rogers signed ICG signature set Millennium dollar.
Remember, what the Dormouse said.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2183 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2017  1:52 pm  Show Profile   Check BigSilver's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BigSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I actually like this idea.
Celebrating the mint's significant anniversary with actual coins that the mint is tasked with making. More so than minting a medal and calling it the mint's anniversary celebration.
Pillar of the Community
United States
554 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2017  7:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SaintRidley to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Automatic purchase for me. I believe I have one of every EU coin made so far (ASE, Kennedy, 3 Sacs - don't think I'm missing any others in that tally).
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8782 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2017  12:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm in. But darn it, where are these going to go in an album?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1037 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2017  07:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add welder to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The price point for the proof set is 26.95, I cannot see this new set going too much higher than that.

Most likely I'll pick one up.
Valued Member
United States
399 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2017  11:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cuzzx to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All of the coins in the special set will be in the usual base metals designated for each denomination for standard circulation quality,
Enhanced Uncirculated finish for the 10 coins in the set is achieved by "using a combination of laser frosted areas and an unpolished field that accentuates design details, creating a unique contrast distinctly different from the mirror-like finish of Proof coins."
Learn More...
United States
62470 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2017  11:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will probably get one as well. Why not?

Quote:
I'm in. But darn it, where are these going to go in an album?
Other than the ATB, I no longer have any labeled Dansco pages for the most recent modern issues (custom albums with blank pages). Slipping these in would be trivial, but the quarters would probably remain in the OGP for now.
Valued Member
United States
423 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2017  11:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kurrykid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds interesting...I'll check them out!
Valued Member
United States
89 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2017  10:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chevelle7167 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think the mintage is too high. Keep it to 75k and you would have a nice collectible set
Pillar of the Community
United States
627 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2017  10:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Illegaltender to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds like a cool set, honestly.
Oldest finds:
Cent 1858, Nickel 1916, Dime 1935, Quarter 1963
Dollar 1971, Dollar Bill 1935 F, Canadian Cent 1926, Canadian dime 1962
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4266 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2017  06:33 am  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I think the mintage is too high. Keep it to 75k and you would have a nice collectible set

I can't remember too many Cents/nickels/dimes/quarters that have a total mintage of 225k

If the mintage was 75k it would start the 2016 silver medal cluster all over again and be sold out in 5 minutes. Be satisfied with 225k...you might even be able to get one
Valued Member
United States
172 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2017  10:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mellamobradley46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good point Foxwoods, I totally agree. I think there should have been a household limit to help make sure HSN (or is it now QVC) guy doesn't buy them all to sell for 300 bucks a pop.
Learn More...
United States
62470 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2017  11:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If the mintage was 75k it would start the 2016 silver medal cluster all over again and be sold out in 5 minutes. Be satisfied with 225k...you might even be able to get one
I agree.
Page: of 51 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.71 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05