Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

A new coin set from the Mint on 8-1-17, EU 225th Anniversary Set

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 51
United States
13 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2017  11:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GaryLomax to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Shoulda made them silver.
Learn More...
United States
62600 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2017  01:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wonder if they made them clad to compliment the mint set.

Although their using the proof set lens has me now wondering why they are not making both a clad and silver version.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8784 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2017  11:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's not too late for them to make a silver set. The way they've been updating their product schedule one month at a time, there's still 5 months for surprises.
Pillar of the Community
United States
822 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2017  2:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollegeBarbers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It's not too late for them to make a silver set. The way they've been updating their product schedule one month at a time, there's still 5 months for surprises.

I'd love to see a silver version, but then again, it would make it even harder to have a complete album set of any of these coins
Searching for some US modern coins (cents through dollars) via my want list.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8784 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2017  12:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We wouldn't collect if it were easy.
Valued Member
United States
205 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2017  09:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mail187man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It would have been cool if they made the pennies in copper, similar to how they did it with the 2009 mint sets.
Learn More...
United States
62600 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2017  11:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Truth.

Quote:
It would have been cool if they made the pennies in copper, similar to how they did it with the 2009 mint sets.
They should quit minting the cent for circulation and make all of the cents in mint issued sets 95% copper like they did in 2009.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8784 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2017  7:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
They should quit minting the cent for circulation and make all of the cents in mint issued sets 95% copper like they did in 2009.

I second that.
Pillar of the Community
United States
822 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2017  08:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollegeBarbers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Mint has now posted the price: $29.95.

That is $3 more than the normal proof set and $9 more than the normal mint set, and there's still no household limit.
Searching for some US modern coins (cents through dollars) via my want list.
Valued Member
United States
172 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2017  09:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mellamobradley46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's about 10x face value, but honestly a lot cheaper than I had feared they would be selling for.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4278 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2017  12:45 pm  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yup...I expected worse
Pillar of the Community
United States
642 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2017  6:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So is this set a big deal or not?
Learn More...
United States
62600 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2017  6:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Yup...I expected worse
I agree, I thought it would be $59.95 or something crazy like that. I think I am down for one.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4278 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2017  02:43 am  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
So is this set a big deal or not?

Ummmm....We will know on August 2nd

With the no HH limits it would say it will totally be dealer controlled market and who knows what will happen. They will get huge quantities and then try and dump them starting high and dropping the price much lower eventually.

One thing GOOD about the no HH limit is that the website should not bog down too bad with all the "friends" ordering their limit. The dealers can just order a few thousand or more on one swoop.

I would NOT be surprised if there was a first day sellout. 30 bucks is chump change to the big boys

Edit: Oh I should add all 225k will not be available for ordering from the Mint on day one. There will be a quantity removed for sale that day at the Mint stores in Phily, Denver and D.C AND at the ANA convention
Edited by Foxwoods Man
07/22/2017 02:50 am
Valued Member
United States
124 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2017  04:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add alvaro77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Boring set. Its just shiny change to me. Come on people dont make it complicated, this set should not be a big deal "period". A.k.a sean spicer.
Page: of 51 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05