Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

A new coin set from the Mint on 8-1-17, EU 225th Anniversary Set  

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 51
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11395 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2017  05:15 am  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not really all that shinny / shiny...

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11395 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2017  05:19 am  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Gouge away! $999.00 (over 3,300% profit)

But most for sale are "only" hoping for a quick 66% to 133% profit.
Edited by nss-52
07/22/2017 05:26 am
Learn More...
United States
12935 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2017  05:27 am  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That listing is for 10 sets graded by NGC SP70. $100 per graded set is still a large amount of money, and they aren't even listed as Silver.

List price at the mint is $29.95
<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Pillar of the Community
United States
751 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2017  10:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollegeBarbers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wonder how this will impact the sales of the regular proof and mint sets? The 2016 sets marked new lows for the modern era, and the 2017 sets are already on track to be lower than those without this new Enhanced Uncirculated set on sale.
Searching for some US modern coins (cents through dollars) via my want list.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8365 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2017  11:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
At $30 I'm in for a couple.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4141 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2017  12:11 pm  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Re: the $999 eBay offer.

That would be $10/coin for a graded 70. There is no way that dude can do that and not be negative...way below cost of grading never mind adding the cost of the sets.

Ain't gonna happen...

United States
20 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2017  2:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TVG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think this set will be a big hit. Particularly for long-term hold.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1011 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2017  2:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Foxwoods, you're off by a decimal place. It's $100/coin.
Learn More...
United States
58050 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2017  3:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That sort of speculation is just insane.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4141 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2017  3:40 pm  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Duh! I read this and thought it was for 10:

Quote:
I am offering 10 sets graded perfect MS70 Early Releases by NGC with any special label available on a pre-sale

Learn More...
United States
58050 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
603 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2017  4:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Any difference between these quarters and the san francisco uncirculated ones they sell in mint rolls?
Valued Member
United States
124 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2017  6:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add alvaro77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh no, its 2015 P silver eagle all over again. I guess coin collectors never learn. buying something worth $30 for thousands of dollars just because its in a plastic slab. Who cares, its just shiny change. Just buy one from the mint and stop the TPGs stupidity.
Do you really care if the coins have a few imperfections, just get a nice example set and call it a day. Will be funny if all of the sudden everybody stopped buying graded slabs. Big dealers will be like "hello I have graded ms70 sets overhere for $999". Collectors " na were fine, its just a regular mint set no need for grading.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1011 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2017  7:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Do you really care if the coins have a few imperfections, just get a nice example set and call it a day.

Yes, I avoid modern coins have imperfections. I don't need the validation of 3rd party grading services when it comes to the grades of my coins.
Valued Member
United States
124 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2017  9:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add alvaro77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What I'm saying by imperfections, I'm not talking about dings and big scratches, I'm talking about little things that you cant even see except with a loupe. Like imperfections from a ms70 to a ms69. Who cares if its not perfect as long as its not distracting to the eye it should be fine. thats it matter if its a ms70. A nice clean spotless set from the mint should be enough unless you suffer from OCD.
Edited by alvaro77
07/22/2017 10:07 pm
Page: of 51 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.82 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05