Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

A new coin set from the Mint on 8-1-17, EU 225th Anniversary Set

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 51
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4266 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2017  03:04 am  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Oh no, its 2015 P silver eagle all over again.

Nope...not even close. Those were attributed incorrectly. These will be graded and labeled correctly

Quote:
I guess coin collectors never learn. buying something worth $30 for thousands of dollars just because its in a plastic slab.

Well that link is selling the set coins for $99 each...not the level of "thousands of dollars"

Quote:
A nice clean spotless set from the mint should be enough unless you suffer from OCD.

Collectors are entitled to collect whatever they want to collect and there is no reason to infer they have a affliction because of that collection. Coin collecting is not what YOU think should be collected...
Edited by Foxwoods Man
07/23/2017 03:06 am
Learn More...
United States
62470 Posts
Valued Member
United States
182 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2017  3:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TripAces to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll prob grab a set for $30. Was expecting a much higher price.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1607 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2017  3:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm hoping this set doesn't sell out right away. I'm bidding on a couple of items that end on the 1st and don't want to draw too much attention to my spending.
Remember, what the Dormouse said.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4266 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2017  4:34 pm  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would be surprised if it was on sale for more than a few days and very well could be toast early on day one.

Remember it will be available in four other places also...that quantity will be removed from the available sets online.
Learn More...
United States
62470 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2017  5:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have every intention of buying right at noon. Just one set. No need to be greedy.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1190 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2017  6:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I want only the dollar for my album. I'll probably get one just for that, then offload the rest.
Working on: Peace dollars (two to go), US type (Bust era), Chinese pandas, and San Francisco tokens.

"Fear is the enemy of will. Will is what makes you take action; fear is what stops you, and makes you weak."
-- Sinestro to (my avatar) Hal Jordan, "Green Lantern" (2011)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
639 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2017  11:15 pm  Show Profile   Check dd27's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add dd27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
After all the complaints following the 2-minute sell out of the 2017 Congratulations Set, containing a 2017-S American Eagle, why is the US Mint doing it again?!

I imagine they would reply, "While there is still no household limit, we are minting three times as many 225th Anniversary Enhanced Uncirculated Coin Sets.

Will that be enough to prevent a rapid sellout due to dealer hoarding? I guess only time will tell, but it makes me wonder what kind of goodies the big dealers are providing to US Mint and Treasury Department officials...
Mark Worthen, Park City, UT
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4266 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2017  02:22 am  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
225k is a reasonable amount...no HH limits is where they fell short. Half right I guess so they're making progress

Baby steps...
Pillar of the Community
United States
765 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2017  08:32 am  Show Profile   Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add omxfl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a hard time seeing this set appreciate in the long run, esp. if it will be stand-alone product for 2017 with no follow-up releases. 225k is way too many for that to happen - imho. Dealers will hoard this for sure, grade sets and then flood the market with the below par quality sets. Of course, the entry price is attractive and I'm sure it will sell out, but that doesn't mean it will appreciate.
Valued Member
United States
423 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2017  10:36 am  Show Profile   Check captainrich's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add captainrich to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The sad part of the 225th Anniversary Enhanced Uncirculated Coin Set promotion is that no marketing research or strategy went into the Mintage Limit. The sole reason that the set will have a 225,000 mintage is because it coincides with the 225th Anniversary of the United States Mint. There was no consideration by the U.S. Mint whether 225 thousand would be too many or not enough to mint - just that the number 225 matches the anniversary.
Edited by captainrich
07/27/2017 10:37 am
Learn More...
United States
62470 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
575 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2017  1:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ElonU to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"changed" my mind (pun intended). For $30, I think I'll buy it. Fun one to stow away.....
Always collecting silver wartime Jefferson nickels '42-'45!
Learn More...
United States
62470 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8782 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2017  01:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agreed!

With the no HH limit though, I think everyone who wants one (or two) needs to get in line ASAP on Aug 1. The cable coin guys are likely to snap these up by the thousands.
Page: of 51 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.93 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05