Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

A new coin set from the Mint on 8-1-17, EU 225th Anniversary Set  

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 51
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
19320 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2017  09:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Why do I get complaints for my comments?. Its just my opinion. Its like if I complain about bobby131313 for not thinking like me. This are just opinions here, you have to be able to take criticism from other members and dont cry like a lady like rachel and complaint.

Pillar of the Community
United States
504 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2017  09:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CLS12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think the low buy in price might detract from people looking to buy and flip.... if you buy for $30 + $5 for shipping and sell for double purchase priice.. $60- 30 initial price - $5 for initial shipping - $9 for eBay selling fees and shipping you are left with $14.. a profit is a profit, but if it doesn't at least double you are looking at $5-10 profit on it.. might only make sense to look at flipping if you buy 3 and hope they double... flip 3 to get the 3rd free .

On the other hand if this was $90 and they produced 75k sets (3x price, 3x less produced) the mint would make the same amount off selling all sets and the resell value is starting at a chance to make a profit... low price = saturate the market and limit secondary market bc the dealers are going to be sitting on a ton of inventory if they strike fast at 12 noon
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3795 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2017  10:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I think the low buy in price might detract from people looking to buy and flip...

Believe it or not, the primary mission of the US Mint is NOT one of creating coins/sets upon which flippers can buy/sell to make quick profits. It produces its coins/sets with a much broader view of the collecting community and marketplace.

The price for the Enhanced Uncirculated Set is aligned with the prices of the Mint's other sets of the same denominations; charging $90 for it would not make much sense from a product portfolio standpoint.

Collecting history, one commemorative coin (or medal) at a time!
Original content (c) Commems, 2012-2018
Edited by commems
08/01/2017 10:28 am
Learn More...
United States
57780 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4137 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2017  10:51 am  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Is there any difference in shipping time whether you order 1 set, 10 sets or 100?

If your order is $300 or more it will be shipped UPS sig required which usually gets to my place a couple/few days earlier than "Smart"post
Pillar of the Community
United States
504 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2017  10:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CLS12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree. My point was that I don't think there is much profit for someone looking to flip these. By not setting a HH limit the mint is creating a chance for flippers. HH limit of 2-3 and this wouldn't be close to a sell out. No limit will sell out and create a secondary market (short term) until the market is saturated and then price decreases back to $30 or lower.

I've only bought a few US mint day of releases in the past, I'll likely pick one of these up as well and my guess is that in each case I could have sold for profit right away and buy them now for below initial price I paid for them on day of release.
Valued Member
United States
396 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2017  11:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cuzzx to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
my problem is that I just want one set, with everyone buying extras to resale and make a profit will I get my one set.
i could buy 20 sets , but I want to be fair, thats me. guess I could get 20 and let you guys have one at my cost just to help out.
Valued Member
United States
182 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2017  11:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TripAces to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
25mins to go - I have a feeling the lines are going to be all tied up.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1533 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2017  11:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wonder if they've already backed the entire number sent to Denver out of the available total or if they're tracking them as they sell.
Remember, what the Dormouse said.
Learn More...
United States
57780 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2017  11:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
my problem is that I just want one set, with everyone buying extras to resale and make a profit will I get my one set. I could buy 20 sets , but I want to be fair, thats me. guess I could get 20 and let you guys have one at my cost just to help out.
Same here. I am not greedy. I want my one set and I want everyone else who wants one to get one.

Six minutes. Logged in and ready to go.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8347 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2017  11:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Logged in and ready to go.

Likewise!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
948 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2017  12:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got mine. Site didn't seem slow at all.
Working on: Franklin halves (now complete!), Peace dollars (three to go), US type (Bust era), and just started Chinese pandas.

"Fear is the enemy of will. Will is what makes you take action; fear is what stops you, and makes you weak."
-- Sinestro to (my avatar) Hal Jordan, "Green Lantern" (2011)
Learn More...
United States
57780 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8347 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2017  12:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got my order in. Easy peasy.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1011 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2017  12:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In and out in seconds. No problem at all.
Page: of 51 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.32 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05