Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Williamsport PA - W.A.N.S. 44th Annual Coin Show - July 29 2017  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
5859 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2017  10:30 am Show Profile   Check TheNickelGuy's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add TheNickelGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Williamsport PA - W.A.N.S. 44th Annual Coin Show - July 29 2017
2017 July 29

Williamsport Area Numismatic Society Coin Show
W.A.N.S. 44th Annual Coin Show

FREE ADMISSION - DOOR PRIZES HOURLY
July 29, 2017   9am-3pm  

St Boniface Gym
(St John Neumann Regional Acadamy)
710 Franklin St
Williamsport, PA 17701

For more information contact Paula (570)279-2128 or email bobscoinspaula@gmail.com

Google Map https://www.google.com/maps/place/7...997986?hl=en

ALWAYS A great coin show - SEE YOU THERE!

Excellent Refreshments - Air Conditioned - Great Lighting

Hello admins
Can I please magically be transformed from TheNickelGuy to simply TNG as my member name? People call me that anyway.
Thank you!
Edited by TheNickelGuy
07/03/2017 11:56 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
5859 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2017  09:37 am  Show Profile   Check TheNickelGuy's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TheNickelGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will bump this one just for the benefit of the CCF members who may be nearby or passing through.
Tomorrow at this time ...

I'll be eyeing up $5.00 and $10.00 Indian gold coins and good deals on US Commemoratives.
Maybe find a Colonial Washington piece. I'm keeping an eye out for a Proof Shield or Liberty nickels, 1935 and 1936 Canada Dollar and a US Philippines Peso too.
Can't get them all of course but I am not coming home empty handed.
I'll at least get a 2012 S Sacagawea proof dollar.

I'll update with a report and my "show and tell" sometime this weekend.
Hope I see a member or two there.
You'll see me in the morning, moving slow.
I am the big guy in a colored pocket T shirt and plaid shorts
with big feet in a pair of dumpy crocs. LOL
Hello admins
Can I please magically be transformed from TheNickelGuy to simply TNG as my member name? People call me that anyway.
Thank you!
Pillar of the Community
United States
5859 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2017  12:01 am  Show Profile   Check TheNickelGuy's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TheNickelGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So I had a great time at the show.
As promised here's the report.

It was a little smaller than last year and had to settle for a couple hot dogs instead of BBQ but they burnt em just like I like em.
A local friend wanders in and sees me there finishing off the second wiener.
He had no idea what to expect but had a bag of mostly common world coins. I helped him assess the value and told him he would be lucky to sell the lot there but if he did would he be OK with 35-50 bucks?
He said yeah. So we went to a dealer who handles these sort of coins. He gets right down to it and jotting down his pay out for each pile he added up.
I told my buddy not to sell a gold plated IKE or about a roll of Kennedy clad halves because they are still money anyway.
Guy offered him about 37 bucks for the rest. Well there ya have it ... my estimate was right on and at the high side.
I was beating my chest with pride for helping him out.

I am there over an hour and didn't get to look at any of the coins yet and meet another guy and then another.
So into the second hour I had done quite a bit of socializing and got down to business.

I was out looking for a $10.00 Indian gold but nobody had any left. Every dealer sold them in the first hour while I was a socializin'.
I did find 4 nice $5.00 Indians which was my plan B anyway.
I always wanted an Indian gold coin and settled on this one which I figure is about AU50.

I was so excited and happy and the price was great.
Here it is but it is not two different tones
as the image might show. Looks nice to me.

I look everywhere and then this 1935 Canada Dollar pokes me in the eye.
My microscope pic does not show the remaining hint of luster that remains so I added a so-so picture too to show it is an original higher grade coin.

Then I spotted this very small gold fantasy Mexican wedding coin which I have made a post about in another thread and a PCGS box for slabs. There were 4 empty blue boxes priced at $3.00 each and now I wish I bought them all but only took one.

The dealers were doing quite well. People were buying. Maybe it is best that there were a few less dealers this year because those that came to sell had less competition for a sale.

It was a fun day. I spent $456.00 and that includes the two hot dogs a soda and the obligatory purchase of the drawing chances at 6 for $5 bucks.
( I don't think I won .... again )
Hello admins
Thank you!
Edited by TheNickelGuy
07/30/2017 12:04 am
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05