Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Coin Collector Humor

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 103 / Views: 10,603Next Topic
Page: of 7
Learn More...
United States
87875 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
4141 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2018  2:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
HAHAHA nice ones
ANA member: 3178122
NTCA member: 10118
Valued Member
United States
309 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2018  3:38 pm  Show Profile   Check collectinsince65's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add collectinsince65 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Brought a smile to my face. Thanks to all!!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
45220 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2020  5:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
1754 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2020  8:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Working on: Indian quarter eagles, Chinese pandas, and San Francisco tokens; upgrading my Peace dollar and US Type sets

"Fear is the enemy of will. Will is what makes you take action; fear is what stops you, and makes you weak."
-- Sinestro to (my avatar) Hal Jordan, "Green Lantern" (2011)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8847 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2020  12:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Papal Fish Story

Pope John Paul the First was telling fish stories.
He was so proud of his catch that a medal was minted.

Pope Francis said he caught one bigger, and he should have a medal too.
Nobody really believed Pope Francis and talk circulated he was just jealous.

Pope Francis finally put the doubting to rest in this Vatican Enquirer photo. Pre-orders are being accepted now for the new 2020 medal.

Father Guido Sarducci claims he was on the angling trip and that "the press photo is-ah fake" and that Pope Francis did catch a fish but it "was-ah only this-ah big."
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Edited by TNG
04/26/2020 4:34 pm
Pillar of the Community
5120 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2020  3:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron!

In Memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 to April 15, 2020
Pillar of the Community
United States
3406 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2020  5:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add matthewvincent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got a good laugh from this:

Brother, can you spare a "BARBER" dime?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1754 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2020  7:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From Mad Magazine #119 (June 1968), "The Lighter Side of Hobbies" by Dave Berg:
Working on: Indian quarter eagles, Chinese pandas, and San Francisco tokens; upgrading my Peace dollar and US Type sets

"Fear is the enemy of will. Will is what makes you take action; fear is what stops you, and makes you weak."
-- Sinestro to (my avatar) Hal Jordan, "Green Lantern" (2011)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8847 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2020  8:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good one Alpha! I used to read MAD Magazine as a kid at the barber shop around 1968.
My favorite album!
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
17087 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2020  8:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Meaning of the word 'coin'-
'Disc of metal with funny bumps on'.
Learn More...
United States
87875 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2020  01:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
From Mad Magazine #119 (June 1968), "The Lighter Side of Hobbies" by Dave Berg:
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
New Zealand
983 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2020  2:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not a comic or a cartoon - but this mutilated 1866 penny I found in a lot of scrap always gets a laugh out of me and it may out of you too.

Some one has taken a normal penny and melted the sides to make it octagonal - The rhyme or reason for this is beyond me.

Why? - were they high or did they just decide that round coins were too boring. My guess is it was probably done closer to 2019 than 1866 as mutilating coin in the realm then, was quite swiftly punished.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1836 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2020  6:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pertinax to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Some one has taken a normal penny and melted the sides to make it octagonal - The rhyme or reason for this is beyond me.

I don't know if this is related but when the first press release was made about the new 50p coin, one of our local papers decided that the press release was wrong and said they would have 8 sides (instead of 7). I remember this because I came 2nd in a quiz (the winner answered that 50 new pence coins would have 8 sides and got the 5 points for a correct answer). No-one believed me when I said it would be 7, until the following week when the paper printed the correction.

I was at high school and we were still using the duodecimal currency, so if it were done then, it would have been an offence but the police wouldn't have prosecuted.
Life Fellow, Royal Numismatic Society

My wants list: http://goccf.com/t/283145
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8847 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2020  11:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dad warned Billy,
"Don't put pennies on the tracks, you make it go off the rails!"

My favorite album!
Page: of 7 Previous TopicReplies: 103 / Views: 10,603Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.2 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05