Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Texas National Bank Note For Comments

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
39471 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2017  5:40 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Picked this up recently because the bank name was irresistible. I'm not really a large size NBN collector, except by type, so I would appreciate your thoughts.

Pillar of the Community
United States
4553 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2017  6:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tough note. I've owned a lot of Texas notes over the years, but never a large size Comanche. I think some were saved because of the great Indian name. Nice note to have!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4409 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2017  6:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MeadowviewCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The town name is cool. I'm sure you already know the census data.

It's either a Date Back or a Plain Back based on the bank serial number. I am leaning towards Plain Back as those seem to outnumber Date Backs in general.

Yours has both signatures which appear stamped to my eye. Often one or both signatures are faded or missing altogether.

The note was printed before the BEP implemented matching serial numbers for the bank and Treasury. Example to explain what I mean: https://currency.ha.com/itm/nationa...ption-071515

-MV
I'm slowly building my numismatic library--106 works and counting

With assistance, trying to compile a listing of numismatic reference books & materials available to collectors http://goccf.com/t/174749
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16367 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2017  6:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a nice one, Frog. I can see why that one would be tough to pass up. Congratulations.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2848 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2017  9:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add uruman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice note, did you get at a show or from e-bay?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1137 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2017  10:25 pm  Show Profile   Check 999fine's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 999fine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"The eyes of Texas are upon you..."
Coins were meant to be spent.
Pillar of the Community
United States
918 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2017  09:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mfhorn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

After doing a quick check on Map Quest, there's also a Comanche Oklahoma NB note; so that needs to be on your list.

I had a delivery in Camanche Iowa, during my working days, but back in the 20's & 30's, the town was probably too small to have a bank.

Neat Note!
Pillar of the Community
United States
918 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2017  10:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mfhorn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coinfrog;
Looking a new listings on eBay, this one is available;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ID-1929-10-...AOSw241Ymkcd
Pillar of the Community
United States
2213 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2017  10:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting find Mr.Frog.

Very small town in central Texas. Population under 5,000, but they have an airport. The Native American population is just over 1%.

Cool name on a National.....I've been casually looking for a Deadwood note, but boy are they pricey.
Edited by SteveInTampa
07/21/2017 10:14 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
39471 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2017  5:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone.

MV - Right, it's a Plain Back.

uruman - Found it on eBay.

mfhorn - Thanks for the link.

Stever - This wasn't inexpensive either, but less than I guessed. PM me for details anyone.
Edited by Coinfrog
07/21/2017 5:35 pm
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.14 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05