Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Guess the Hillside Wasn't Hunted Out  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1713 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2017  4:38 pm Show Profile   Check Paul Bulgerin's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add Paul Bulgerin to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Last fall I detected a steep wooded hillside across the street from the high school in Port Washington, WI, the town next to where I live. It turned out to be the best spot I've detected as I pulled out four silver dimes, including a 1925-D Mercury, a 1937 Buffalo and about ten Wheaties.

I hit it a number of times last year and have also been back for four short hunts this year. I found hardly anything this year and figured I'd pretty much cleaned it out last fall.

I had a two hour hunt this morning and discovered I was wrong. I dug up two clad quarters, a clad 1967 dime, a Jefferson nickel and ten Lincolns, including a decent 1941-S.

I also found two small silver rings, both of them with a "Sterling" hallmark. It was the first time I have found two silver rings in one hunt.

Interestingly, only one of the Lincolns was a Zincoln. The rest were all copper coins.

So, I guess I'll go back again. It is amazing what you miss even after you've hunted a spot numerous times!

Paul Bulgerin
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4107 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2017  5:01 pm  Show Profile   Check Crazyb0's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Paul, check for errors and double dies, see a 72P and 69S!
FREE! Coin IDing For Dummies, Vol. 1 in PDF format!
Get your copy Today!
http://goccf.com/t/296596
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1713 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2017  5:09 pm  Show Profile   Check Paul Bulgerin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Paul Bulgerin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I already checked the two 1972's. Just plain old 1972's.

The only 1969 was a D.
Paul Bulgerin
Pillar of the Community
United States
9266 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2017  5:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's really easy to miss stuff on a hill. Hard to keep swinging parallel to the ground. I have one really steep hill going from a cabin built in 1874 down to a lakes edge. It was converted to a rental property in 1953.

There were probably thousands of kids who rolled down that hill and I always find something I've missed before. I've probably been there 30 times already.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3175 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2017  7:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Love sterling rings!
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors
Valued Member
United States
200 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2017  8:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add goldnugget to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for Sharing I am home bound until my Minelab Excalibur is Repaired from Kellyco. They received it June 5, 2017, It was 11 years old and sent in for a new cable to the coil, Having to buy a New 8 inch coil and maybe a new Headset, it also takes 18 New Washers goldnugget
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1713 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2017  12:10 pm  Show Profile   Check Paul Bulgerin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Paul Bulgerin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I went back to the hillside on Monday afternoon and dug up two more clad quarters, a clad dime, five Memorials, and, on a very steep and overgrown part of the hill, pulled out a 1940 Wheatie.

Nothing amazing, but the hillside continues to produce a decent number of coins.
Paul Bulgerin
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05