Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Yet Another Forum Game - Numismatic Go Fish!

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 302
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9490 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2019  11:54 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The 1st longest, as far as I can tell, is How Far Back Can We Go (4th edition), and is only about 15 pages ahead. If this one manages to pass it and take 1st place, that will be a indeed...

I have no doubt this will overtake HFBCWG.
Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
-Lucretius

"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
2635 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2019  07:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add january1may to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I don't have any ideas (need to figure out a fresh overall approach to this). So with pepactonius, jbuck and Spence on board, I would like to see what your challenge is, january1may!
Unfortunately, there are several problems with my challenge...

1) it doesn't follow jbuck's "count the similarities" rule
2) since I was fairly certain that I wouldn't win, I forgot to prepare for it - i.e. I will still need to take some photos of the intended host coin
3) as mentioned, I very much doubt it would be quite as good as you seem to believe
and 4) Arkie is ahead of me in line, anyway.

If it turns out that Arkie doesn't want to do it either, I'm willing to attempt it, but if I don't manage to write it up in another day or two (which isn't that unlikely), it's going to be either a free-for-all, or jbuck will have to come up with something.
Learn More...
United States
70978 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2019  10:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Again, not a rule, a suggestion.

I will give someone, anyone, until after the GTP 3PM deadline passes to do something or I will post my challenge.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4872 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2019  11:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pepactonius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

None of my contingency challenges follow that rule/suggestion, either. They all involve posting the largest/smallest, oldest/newest, most/least, highest/lowest, strangest, oddest, etc. coin.
Learn More...
United States
70978 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2019  4:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Again, just a suggestion to address complaints. No need to make this a rule when it is not. Whatever you want the challenge to be, just do it.

I have not come up with a challenge yet. Feel free to jump in. If not, maybe I will have one tomorrow.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9490 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2019  03:09 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I will give someone, anyone, until after the GTP 3PM deadline passes to do something or I will post my challenge.

Okay, since j1m is skeered , I will post a coin I really like and you guys can attempt to match the most characteristics with ONE entry.

Here are the aspects that count for points:

Bimetallic = 1 point
Denomination of 2 = 1 point
Bears multiple languages = 1 point
Bears multiple stars = 1 point
Bears a hemispherical view of the Earth = 1 point
Coins dated in the 21st Century = 1 point
Bears any reference to bees, their hives, combs or honey = 3 points

How about that? One entry per person and any ties go to the first poster. Let's give this till Saturday night, unless someone posts an exact match. That would be an automatic victory!

Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
-Lucretius

"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Edited by spruett001
05/16/2019 03:13 am
Learn More...
United States
70978 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2019  09:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
How about that? One entry per person and any ties go to the first poster. Let's give this till Saturday night, unless someone posts an exact match. That would be an automatic victory!
Learn More...
United States
70978 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2019  09:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My entry...

Bimetallic = 1 point Yep
Denomination of 2 = 1 point Yep
Bears multiple languages = 1 point Only if Euro is not also a French word.
Bears multiple stars = 1 point Yep
Bears a hemispherical view of the Earth = 1 point No
Coins dated in the 21st Century = 1 point Yep
Bears any reference to bees, their hives, combs or honey = 3 points No

Four Points.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1840 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2019  11:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Arkie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like gaelic for euro is .... euro.

4 points

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
956 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2019  3:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2000 2 Euro (Spain)

Learn More...
United States
70978 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2019  4:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wonder who will be first to post something that is not a Euro.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
601 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2019  5:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bd251 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4484 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2019  7:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know it doesn't count for anything but it is a 2 headed coin.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4872 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2019  9:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pepactonius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
State of Malta -- 3 mils, 1972:

Bees -- 3 points
Pillar of the Community
Canada
8148 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2019  10:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Participation.

Bimetallic = 1 point
Denomination of 2 = 1 point
Bears multiple languages = 1 point
Bears multiple stars = 1 point
Bears a hemispherical view of the Earth = 1 point
Coins dated in the 21st Century = 1 point
Bears any reference to bees, their hives, combs or honey = 3 points
Page: of 302 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.06 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05