Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Yet Another Forum Game - Numismatic Go Fish!

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 327
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2570 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2019  9:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Assuming that I am the winner, I will post something Sunday evening. I admit that I am really struggling to find something new-everything has been used, I think.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11985 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2019  10:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Of Meissen Men

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5378 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2019  10:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pepactonius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Assuming that I am the winner, I will post something Sunday evening. I admit that I am really struggling to find something new-everything has been used, I think.

I'm glad someone else finally came in and won the round, so I don't have to come up with a new challenge.

In the future, perhaps the last place finisher for each round should have to devise the new challenge, as punishment?
Learn More...
United States
73373 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2019  11:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Ok, here is my set of 7 porcelain Notgeld from Saxony. 20 Pfennig to 20 mark.
Fantastic!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1520 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2019  12:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add arby96 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Okay Oriole now me want your set. Beautiful set, This will be difficult to beat! At this moment, You are in first place for Sure.
"LOVE THE HUNT!"
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9816 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2019  01:15 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice, oriole! That's the set I'm watching on eBay and may have been the exact one mcshilling found. It comes in an original wooden display box.

Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
-Lucretius

"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Valued Member
Israel
422 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2019  05:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Angielczyk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How about this silver proof set from the World Fisheries conference in 1984 presented by the then Director General

Pillar of the Community
Canada
4540 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2019  09:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
and may have been the exact one mcshilling found.

Yep thats it but don't worry at $150 plus exchange of about $60 and then the shipping (don't remember what it was) it's out of my range.
Pillar of the Community
Belgium
821 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2019  10:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1c5d7n5m to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The title will be "Of Meissen Men"

great title, let us know when and where it appears
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1051 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2019  12:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
How about this silver proof set from the World Fisheries conference in 1984 presented by the then Director General

I'm sure that's a very nice set. But that's not what we are looking for in this round
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2570 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2019  7:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@1c5d7n5m

I won't really be writing a book. I just wanted to make a silly pun

Anyway, I think that I have been declared a winner, so here is my offering:

An 8$ NCLT Canadian coin with some sort of gem embedded in it. This is just an example of what I am looking for. You can use one of these if you want but there is not necessarily a benefit to posting an identical one.

The challenge is to post any NCLT coin, provided it has some odd feature to it, like an odd shape, painted, coloured, plated, something embedded in it, etc.

Essentially anything that looks like a normal coin is NOT eligible. Only the weird and wonderful. One entry per person. It is OK if you change your mind.

Closing time for entries is Wednesday May 29 at 7 pm.

Then there will be a vote for your favorite and the winner will make the next posting.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1520 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2019  11:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add arby96 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well lets make it official Oriole is the winner, I was having trouble with Angie's entry, I couldn't find if they were Porcelain and couldn't make out the coins. So Oriole thank you for going ahead and starting another round.
"LOVE THE HUNT!"
Pillar of the Community
United States
1520 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2019  11:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add arby96 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is about all I have for this challenge, not sure if it qualifies. Pulled it while CRH.

"LOVE THE HUNT!"
Edited by arby96
05/26/2019 11:45 pm
Learn More...
United States
73373 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2019  11:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting idea! I will have to watch from the bench.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2570 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2019  05:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@arby96, That is an interesting item, but it is an altered regular coin, so it does not fit the criteria.
Page: of 327 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05