Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Yet Another Forum Game - Numismatic Go Fish!

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 363
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
2870 Posts
 Posted 11/09/2019  5:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add january1may to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also participation points:

France, 5 francs, 1831-D.
[EDIT: accidentally posted the reverse twice.]

...I'm not actually sure whether I have any soft drink tokens; perhaps I might. Never really looked into it.
(Ditto for tokens with coin replicas. I'm assuming chocolate coins don't count?)
Edited by january1may
11/09/2019 5:23 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13969 Posts
 Posted 11/09/2019  5:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm assuming chocolate coins don't count?

Not until it is summertime.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6743 Posts
 Posted 11/09/2019  7:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pepactonius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
French (2nd) Republic -- 5 francs, 1849:

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13969 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2019  04:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Leaderboard:
1. dorado
2. j1m
3. pep
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
659 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2019  10:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bd251 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13969 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2019  12:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Leaderboard:
1. dorado
2. j1m
3. pep
4. bd251

I'm a little surprised that (so far) I have been able to stump the group with this exonumia. Great 5 Franc posts though!
-----Ghanaian proverb

-----King Adz

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13969 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2019  8:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Final ranking for this round:
1. dorado (2 points)
2. j1m (2 points)
3. pep (2 points)
4. bd251 (2 points)

Congrats on winning this round @dorado. Tag, you're it!
-----Ghanaian proverb

-----King Adz

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
11286 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2019  1:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Thank You Spence!

To the runner up january1may ...I give you the go Ahead.
Congratulations!
Learn More...
United States
79417 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2019  2:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Quote:
To the runner up january1may ...I give you the go Ahead.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1973 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2019  08:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Arkie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Since the new competition hasn't started, let me throw in this.

Learn More...
United States
79417 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2019  09:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Since the new competition hasn't started, let me throw in this.
Very nice!
Learn More...
United States
79417 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
2870 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2019  1:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add january1may to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I suppose that, if jbuck thinks I have to host even if I actually intended to pass, it presumably means I have to host.
(I considered posting my pass notice in another thread to get around the requirement, but it so happened that the most recent post in said other thread was also by me, and I decided that I'd rather brave my chances here than do a silly double-post in an irrelevant thread.)

As such: if Arkie wants to host the next round, and jbuck agrees, I pass the baton to Arkie; but if Arkie doesn't want to host the next round, and/or if jbuck stands by his decision that I should host as the next poster, expect my challenge sometime later this week (probably tomorrow or on Friday, but possibly even later if I don't find the time).
Learn More...
United States
79417 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2019  4:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lost in translation.

The first one to post a challenge coin and parameters for what will be accepted as points to the challengers will have my blessing as host for the next round.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13969 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2019  8:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hmm, I'm hoping that my Orangina key fob challenge didn't kill a 357 page thread.
-----Ghanaian proverb

-----King Adz

Page: of 363 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.52 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05