Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Yet Another Forum Game - Numismatic Go Fish!

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 381
Learn More...
United States
82381 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10548 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2020  11:51 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I got a new Ike to post.

Unfortunately, I think it will have to wait. This next round will be a popularity contest. The theme?

Outstanding Facial Hair!

Post your coin, token, medal or paper currency depicting a man with fantastic facial hair. The only requirement is that it must be a real person. Sorry, no Santa coins.

The above Mexican $100 coin features former president Venustiano Carranza Garza:

An accompanying photo is not required, but encouraged if available. After three days, assuming decent participation, I will call for a vote. Anyone can vote and I will be the tie breaker if needed.

Let's see what ya got!
"Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee."
-Bender B. Rodriguez
"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain
"Language is the source of misunderstandings."
-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
12476 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2020  12:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Participations Points.

1996 Australia.
1 Dollar.

-
Henry Parkes
Learn More...
United States
14766 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2020  05:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good idea @spruette! I've always admired the facial hair and wild eyes of St. Paul, such as on the reverse of this 13th Century Pfennig from the German Bishopric of Münster:

"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1412 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2020  07:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1929 Vatican City
10 Centesimi St.Peter

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3680 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2020  11:10 am  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've always thought that this mythical individual's facial hair was cool.
Bergrisi the Giant. One of the four protective spirits in Icelandic mythology represented on this coin:

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces1549.html

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landvættir

2006 1 Krona

Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Edited by chafemasterj
01/22/2020 12:56 pm
Learn More...
United States
82381 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2020  12:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Unfortunately, I think it will have to wait.

Quote:
This next round will be a popularity contest. The theme? Outstanding Facial Hair!
Learn More...
United States
14766 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2020  4:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey @jbuck, did Ike have any hair?
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
674 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2020  7:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bd251 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Austria 1 ducat restrike

Franz Joseph I (image from Wikipedia)
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10548 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2020  11:12 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent entries so far!
"Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee."
-Bender B. Rodriguez
-Kurdt Kobain
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
12476 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2020  12:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1959 Estados Unidos Mexicanos.
Cinco Pesos.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2023 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2020  08:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Arkie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
King Vittorio Emanuele of Italy

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3680 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2020  10:44 am  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lots of entries this round.

Good Stuff.

Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
12476 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2020  12:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10548 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2020  12:47 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That one looks familiar, Dorado.

That's quite the 'stache, Arkie.
-Bender B. Rodriguez
-Kurdt Kobain
Page: of 381 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05