Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Yet Another Forum Game - Numismatic Go Fish!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6,145 / Views: 262,978Next Topic
Page: of 410
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1911 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2020  12:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Participation
Turkey 1965 1 Kurus 14mm

Learn More...
United States
86202 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
15139 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2020  11:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I will participate as well.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
New Zealand
742 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2020  12:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I nearly entered until you decided to ban silver - why can I ask seems rather Draconian.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10573 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2020  02:40 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The challenger makes the rules. Have we already done smallest silver? I can't remember.
In Memory Of Tootallious
3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020
"Riders in the Sky"
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
3076 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2020  04:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add january1may to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
...Ironically enough, I've had pretty much the same idea before, but had to skip on it, as it would have been posted immediately after an extremely similar round. (I hoped to do it in a later round, but you did it first.)

I'll have to check if I have an even smaller 5th century AE4 [EDIT: turns out I do have at least one, but I'd need to get a camera to photograph it], but I've previously described this one as 10 mm in diameter...

Roman Empire, Leo I, AE4
Obverse: DN LEO [PF AVG] (or similar)
Reverse: monogram in wreath (mintmark off flan)
10 mm, weight not taken

The last photo is on a British sixpence for scale.
Learn More...
United States
16001 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2020  06:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Have we already done smallest silver? I can't remember.

I know we did smallest overall early on, but pretty sure we haven't done smallest copper or silver before. Good idea for whoever wins this round?
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5869 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2020  1:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Finn235 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Small copper is a lot harder than small silver or small gold; few civilizations ever produced copper coins less than 10mm, and I believe that the Travancore cash are the smallest modern coppers.

This is my smallest round copper that is firmly identifiable

Ancient India, post-Maurya kingdoms of Ujjain, or early Satavahana Empire
C. 150-100 BC
6mm, 0.34g (1/8 karshapana?)

Obv: Elephant walking right
Rev: Open circles (Ujjain symbol)

My Collections:
Roman Imperial
http://goccf.com/t/348979
Japan Type set Tokugawa + Modern
http://goccf.com/t/348999
Indo Sassanian
http://goccf.com/t/322087
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1911 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2020  2:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Obv: Elephant walking right
Rev: Open circles (Ujjain symbol)

If you say so
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
3076 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2020  3:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add january1may to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If you say so
I can kind of see it, but if it's where I think it is, it's really off center (only one of the four circles is visible, plus a small arc of another at 11:30).
Learn More...
United States
16001 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2020  3:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice one @finn! My smallest copper coin is also from the Indian subcontinent. Here is a AE Unit from the Malwa Empire dating to 300-500 AD. You can make out a conch shell on one side and the characters for Ji Shnu on the other. The diameter is about 8 mm.

"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
15139 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2020  4:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
India, Malwa: Jishnu copper coin.

Nice coin!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8314 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2020  9:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pepactonius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My smallest truly round copper coin --

Republic of Belarus -- 1 kopek, 2009-2016:

Diameter = 15mm:

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces84227.html

Edited by pepactonius
04/05/2020 9:06 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
15139 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2020  7:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Last call for the contest!

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
15139 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2020  10:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Ancient India, post-Maurya kingdoms of Ujjain, or early Satavahana Empire
C. 150-100 BC
6mm, 0.34g (1/8 karshapana?)

We have a winner:

Finn235 ..The floor is yours.

Thank you all for your participation!
Page: of 410 Previous TopicReplies: 6,145 / Views: 262,978Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05