Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Yet Another Forum Game - Numismatic Go Fish!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6,372 / Views: 275,742Next Topic
Page: of 425
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
New Zealand
952 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2020  8:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
FYI

I doubt the French based site Numista is wrong.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coins..._Swiss_franc

This article also states that the 1879 10 Rappen is the oldest legal tender coin still available.

Smoking guns sisters
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Learn More...
United States
16355 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2020  9:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@pt, this is your second strike. I need you to tone down the snark please. This is a game--we are supposed to be having fun.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
New Zealand
952 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2020  12:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Sorry its covered in verdigris as its 140 years old but this should count.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
Edited by Princetane
05/31/2020 12:45 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
15680 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2020  11:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Participation Points....
1876 Sweden 1 Krona.
1977 Sweden 1 Krona

Pillar of the Community
United States
2193 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2020  6:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Arkie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Princetane wins.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
15680 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2020  8:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Princetane wins.

Congratulations! The floor is Yours
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
New Zealand
952 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2020  01:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I won this under a cloud and acted like a jackalopy - sorry

For that I would like to forfeit the win and let Dorado or someone else run the next contest as way of apology.
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
3122 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2020  04:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add january1may to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Dorado or someone else
I think keith12 is in second place?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
15680 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2020  8:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
New Zealand
952 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2020  05:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Since we may not be able to track him down.

HIGH - LOW FACE VALUE COINS IN CURRENT USE

The challenge is to show a coin that is current, that is the smallest denomination currently. But the coin has the highest face value for a low denomination coin.

Rules.

1. The coih must be currently in use - (Not demonitisecd)
2. From a proper country - no Molossia, Harry Potter land etc
3. Must be a photo
4. Must be the lowest value cheapest coin in sequence.
5. You must state the coins face value in US cents.

I will start

New Zealand 10 cent coin - lowest face value coin in current use since 2006 - value = 6.35 US cents 4/6/20.

Have fun

Winner is person with the bottom coin in a country set with highest face value after mine.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
714 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2020  07:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bd251 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Smallest coin used in Finland 5 Euro cents =5.60 US cents
Edited by bd251
06/04/2020 07:52 am
Learn More...
United States
87578 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2020  11:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sadly, this is still the smallest in the US.

It should be the dime if you ask me.

One US cent is worth one US cent but cost nearly two cents to produce.

Participation points only...

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2080 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2020  12:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Since we may not be able to track him down.

I'm here But not taking over a round that you won
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
New Zealand
952 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2020  1:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks.

Just to clarify guys and gals.

You don't have to live in the country where the coin comes from. As long as you own the coin its all good.

Bd251, have they made the 1 and 2 eurocent coins illegal or set only pieces now? I am sure at least in some of the poorer Euro countries, these coins are still used?

I can also think of several countries in Europe that have a lowest denomination coin worth much more than the NZ 10 cent oiece.
Edited by Princetane
06/04/2020 1:45 pm
Learn More...
United States
87578 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2020  4:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
You don't have to live in the country where the coin comes from. As long as you own the coin its all good.
Would help if I owned more non-US coins.
Page: of 425 Previous TopicReplies: 6,372 / Views: 275,742Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.95 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05