Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Yet Another Forum Game - Numismatic Go Fish!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6,567 / Views: 289,735Next Topic
Page: of 438
Learn More...
United States
88708 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2020  2:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Panama is one interesting place, that on one hand and the Panama pill on the other!
Truth.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
727 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2020  2:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bd251 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great Britain 1902 crown
Silver (.925), 28.28g, 38.61mm

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces2343.html
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5923 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2020  3:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Finn235 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It'll just be participation for me today, I'm pretty sure I have a 39-40mm crown sized silver somewhere, but nothing to beat the 20 Balboa!

So here's a shiny Morgan

My largest and heaviest silver coin is my Japanese Chogin, 62mm long, 30mm wide, and 88g, although it's only about 30% fine

I'd be curious to know about the actual largest silver coin made for circulation - for the ancient world, the Greek king Amyntas (Indo-Greek kingdom) minted a handful of 20-drachm coins, all 85 grams and varying diameters with the largest being 67mm. All extant examples were found in a single hoard, and they are all in museums.
http://coinindia.com/galleries-amyntas.html

The Samanids (medieval Arab kingdom) also minted silver coins up to 50mm, but only weighing 10-15g
https://www.acsearch.info/search.ht...usd&company=

I know that some European states minted multiple Thaler coins in the 16th-19th centuries, although I think few went much over 50mm.
My Collections:
Roman Imperial
http://goccf.com/t/348979
Japan Type set Tokugawa + Modern
http://goccf.com/t/348999
Indo Sassanian
http://goccf.com/t/322087
Pillar of the Community
United States
2243 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2020  7:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Arkie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Will have to add that to my bucket list

They're not hard to find. I think I have four of them. ASW: 3.8539oz -- essentially 5 silver dollars.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1129 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2020  8:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gincoin43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is a quadruple thaler that is almost as large as the 20 Balboa and Perth Mint makes some monstrous things, but I'm not sure if call them coins. This one is the largest I can think of right now https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces111692.html
Edited by Gincoin43
07/09/2020 8:59 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1129 Posts
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
1136 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2020  04:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Need to see it, no links only and it can't be bullion. I see Perth Mint and I think bullion straight away, gimmicky 1 ton gold coins and 1 kg silver coins etc.

Participation points cool, give yourself 1 each for all the following

1. More than 75% silver
2. Over 35mm in size OR 20 grams in weight
3. The coin is over 100 years old
4. You could spend it at one stage.

Contest closes in 48 hours from now!
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1129 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2020  05:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gincoin43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Need to see it, no links only

It was more directed towards Finn, it also wasn't a Perth coin. The first was a 50 reales 178g and apparently a circulating coin. They second is a 10 Thaler also circulating.

Quote:

Quote:
1.Coin can be standard or proof strike like mine, but must be a NCLT or circulating legal tender coin - it CAN NOT be a Bullion silver coin or round - so no 1kg Aussie silver Kangaroos or $1 collector rounds. And no proofs or essays - it must have circulated.

I see Perth Mint and I think bullion straight away, gimmicky 1 ton gold coins and 1 kg silver coins etc.

The Bahamas have 100$ coins that are NCLT Proof coins like your original example, Keith's $5, and the 20 Balboa.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10675 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2020  06:02 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Will have to add that to my bucket list

You and me both! Cool coin. I also like that Bahamas 5 dollars of yours. Or, maybe I just like large silver coins.
In Memory of Crazyb0
12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious
3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020
Pillar of the Community
United States
1129 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2020  06:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gincoin43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
You and me both! Cool coin. I also like that Bahamas 5 dollars of yours. Or, maybe I just like large silver coins

They are gorgeous coins, there are a few large Caribbean silvers I'd love to have. It's good to see you back Spruett.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2216 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2020  08:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can take that off the bucket list. But I liked this one more

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces26261.html
Learn More...
United States
16655 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2020  09:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@pt, I have deleted your last couple replies. Consider taking a break from this thread as I don't think you understand that this is for fun. This is your last warning.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
16006 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2020  10:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I also like that Bahamas 5 dollars of yours.

Happy to see you back! ...spruett001
How do you like this one?
1966 The Bahamas,5 Dollars.

Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
1136 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2020  10:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Contest over

Arkle wins - congratulations
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
16006 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2020  10:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Arkle wins - congratulations

Congratulations Arkie!
Page: of 438 Previous TopicReplies: 6,567 / Views: 289,735Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.87 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05