Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Yet Another Forum Game - Numismatic Go Fish!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6,771 / Views: 300,020Next Topic
Page: of 452
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
1330 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2020  8:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Arkle I think so, but we need some dates - I am assuming they are 3rd century AD antonniannus's - the top one is one of the Gordians so 238AD or 256 if G3.

January1May - can't hurt me and a few others can't compete with the gleaming ancients, so 19th and 20th century is fine here. Plus we (Well myself) love seeing Russian and East european coins.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
736 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2020  9:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bd251 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
love seeing Russian and East european coins.

Me too
Pillar of the Community
United States
2278 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2020  11:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Arkie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The latest the middle denarius could be is AD 161.
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
3174 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2020  07:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add january1may to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OK! Though it might not be quite as East European as you might have preferred
At least it's not a US coin, as one of my alternate options was!

Hungary, 2 filler, 1898. Nice woodgrain toning, and there's no way it's not at least XF.

West African States, 250 francs, 1996. The date is worn away, but the bee privy mark (just visible at 4 hours on first pic) uniquely identifies the year.
Learn More...
United States
90062 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2346 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2020  2:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That poor Kennedy half. I hope it's in self isolation
Learn More...
United States
90062 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8962 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2020  2:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pepactonius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My oldest AU-58 or above coin:

Republic of United Netherlands / Holland, 1 ducat, 1608:

Worn-out 1849-O dime:

(I assume the reverse is AG, or worse.)

difference = 1849-1608 = 241 years

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8962 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2020  3:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pepactonius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I guess I should mention that I have newer worn-out US silver coins in my silver stack, but I don't have pictures of them. I'm not sure why I imaged the 1849-O.
Learn More...
United States
90062 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2346 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2020  2:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Did we run out of gas on this one?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8962 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2020  3:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pepactonius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Did we run out of gas on this one?

Part of the problem may be that we don't usually image the bad coins that we have, especially the modern ones.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5939 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2020  4:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Finn235 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry for the radio silence, been tied up with work the past couple of days.

I'll leave the contest open until tonight for any last minute entries, but as of right now, Arkie's spread between an Antoninus Pius denarius (the Hadrian shows a fair bit of wear - I'd call it VF at best) and a (1970s?) Kennedy half is the clear leader so far.

Very nice entries to all, and I'm especially impressed that @January1May has a Fair/Poor coin from 1996!
My Collections:
Roman Imperial
http://goccf.com/t/348979
Japan Type set Tokugawa + Modern
http://goccf.com/t/348999
Indo Sassanian
http://goccf.com/t/322087
Learn More...
United States
90062 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2020  4:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Very nice entries to all, and I'm especially impressed that @January1May has a Fair/Poor coin from 1996!

Quote:
I'll leave the contest open until tonight for any last minute entries
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
3174 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2020  7:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add january1may to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Yeah, I knew I had to get it when I saw it in the bin! It's bimetallic, too, which IMHO makes it particularly neat.

(Even just as a photo, I've only ever seen one other bimetallic lowball coin; it's also West African, but dated 2003. I suspect that there are lots more of those around, but they probably don't make it to collectors very often.)
Page: of 452 Previous TopicReplies: 6,771 / Views: 300,020Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.2 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05