Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Yet Another Forum Game - Numismatic Go Fish!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6,790 / Views: 300,769Next Topic
Page: of 453
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2372 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2020  2:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What road are we headed down
Learn More...
United States
90183 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2020  3:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I do not know, but my meemaw used to say all dirt roads lead home.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2372 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2020  3:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
But which one?

Learn More...
United States
90183 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2020  4:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To answer your question with a question, of course, "Which home?"

Home is wherever I lay my hat.

Oh, the things we discuss awaiting the next challenge.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2372 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2020  2:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Learn More...
United States
90183 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2020  2:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well we know where we're going
But we don't know where we've been
And we know what we're knowing
But we can't say what we've seen
And we're not little children
And we know what we want
And the future is certain
Give us time to work it out
Yeah

Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
1349 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2020  3:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe impose a new rule of 36 hours or the winner forfeits to the 2nd place getter.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Learn More...
United States
90183 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2020  4:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is already in the rules (see the original post)...

Quote:
If the challenger or new challenger goes AWOL for more than 24 hours, the second place winner gets to pick the next coin. If all else fails, jbuck gets to go.

So, second place, who was it?

If no one answers tonight then the first one to volunteer can post a challenge.
Learn More...
United States
17170 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2020  7:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@jbuck, I've got one that might be interesting and post it tomorrow am if @j1m doesn't post his challenge by then.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
3175 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2020  07:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add january1may to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry, kept getting distracted. I should probably keep a list of possible challenge ideas somewhere, too.

@Spence - would you prefer to post yours, or for me to post mine?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2372 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2020  07:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
@Spence - would you prefer to post yours, or for me to post mine?

Your up @j1m
Learn More...
United States
17170 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2020  08:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@j1m, I'll check back later this am and post mine unless you have already posted yours.
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2372 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2020  11:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Someone get the party started. Or Jbuck gets to go
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
16108 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2020  11:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Learn More...
United States
17170 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2020  11:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In the past, I posted on this thread a coin with a date tree on it and posed the challenge of seeing who could post the coin with the most dates. In a similar vein of puns, please see below for a token that I recently picked up from Caille Quality Mints. Post your coins and tokens with as many mints or mintmarks on them!

Here are how I envision the scoring:

1. You get one point for every time there is a mint mark or the word "mint"/"mints" on your piece. I'll also accept that same word in another language (I'm excited to see a coin with the word Pfefferminze!)
2. OMMs count for 2 points.
3. RPMs count for 1.5 points.
4. I don't know if such a thing even exists, but a RPM/OMM combo would be worth 2.5 points.
5. Machine Doubling is not worth anything extra.
6. Of course the mintmark needn't be a letter as many older coins from Europe used simple devices as mintmarks. Many Chinese cast cash list the mint in script.

It is fine to post more than one coin, but only your piece with the most points will be counted. The coin with the highest number of points wins. In case of a tie, the winner will be whoever posted first.

-----Ghanaian proverb

-----King Adz

Page: of 453 Previous TopicReplies: 6,790 / Views: 300,769Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.84 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05