Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Yet Another Forum Game - Numismatic Go Fish!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6,743 / Views: 299,034Next Topic
Page: of 450
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
734 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2020  1:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bd251 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Would this count as two mint marks?
Cornucopia to the left of date for Paris Mint and dolfin to the right for general engraver of the mint Emile Rousseau.
Learn More...
United States
17055 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2020  2:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@bd251, sorry but that coin is only worth one point since it only has one mint mark. The dolphin doesn't count.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
1309 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2020  2:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This challenge is incredibly confusing, can you please dumb it down for me and explain what it is we have to do.

What is an OPM I get confused with the 1991 rap song OPP.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1270 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2020  3:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gincoin43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
An Over mint mark, is one mint mark stamped over another. I can't think of any coins with two mint marks, since a mint mark is a specific kind of privy mark denoting location. Though there are probably some that say "mint" and have a mint specific privy mark.
Learn More...
United States
17055 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2020  4:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry that I was confusing @pt. Both of those are mint errors where either a single mintmark is punched twice or else one mintmark is punched over a prior one.

Added: although now that I look in more detail, your confusion may be summarized in this old CCF thread:

http://goccf.com/t/126596
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8954 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2020  8:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pepactonius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Would something like an S over CC mint mark be an OPM, or is that just a RPM?
Learn More...
United States
17055 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2020  9:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is two points @pep.
-----Ghanaian proverb

-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2328 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2020  11:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is the only thing I can think of (2006 One Dollar)

Learn More...
United States
17055 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2020  12:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Leaderboard:

@keith12: 2 points
@bd251: 1 point
-----Ghanaian proverb

-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8954 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2020  1:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pepactonius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
United States --1 cent, 1956 D RPM:

Learn More...
United States
89915 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2020  4:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This is the only thing I can think of (2006 One Dollar)
Well played.

I have nothing but my support to give.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5937 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2020  4:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Finn235 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll participate this time

Byzantine half follis of Phocas (602-610) from Nikomedia overstruck on a half follis of Maurice (582-602) also from Nikomedia. Both NIKA mintmarks are visible on the reverse.
My Collections:
Roman Imperial
http://goccf.com/t/348979
Japan Type set Tokugawa + Modern
http://goccf.com/t/348999
Indo Sassanian
http://goccf.com/t/322087
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
16095 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2020  4:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Participation points.
1860 PTS-FJ Republica Boliviana.
8 Soles.

Learn More...
United States
17055 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2020  6:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Leaderboard:

@keith12: 2 points
@finn: 2 points
@pep: 1.5 points
@bd251: 1 point
@dorado: 1 point

At least I think I have these correct--let me know if I'm mis-counting.
-----Ghanaian proverb

-----King Adz

Learn More...
United States
17055 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2020  8:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks the entries have slowed down. I'll close the contest in the am.
-----Ghanaian proverb

-----King Adz

Page: of 450 Previous TopicReplies: 6,743 / Views: 299,034Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.93 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05