Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Yet Another Forum Game - Numismatic Go Fish!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6,933 / Views: 311,040Next Topic
Page: of 463
Learn More...
United States
91256 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2020  4:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Maybe we should change the rules so that whoever has the lowest points has to come up with the next idea?
I do not think that will work because the winner is then obligated to post within that scope.

The goal of this topic is to have fun while learning about coins. Do not over think it and do not worry if it has been done already. Just tweak a parameter, like year or composition. Bigger is not always better.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
16109 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2020  5:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Where is Dorado when you need him

Cleaning my firearm collection!

Learn More...
United States
17488 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2020  6:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Slipping this 20 Seniti from Tonga in under the wire:

"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
1505 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2020  12:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
6 points, just misses out on 7 as Tonga has 108,000 people.

Points for Independence (1970), Tongan Language (Fa'kalahi Me akai= Make more food)
Regular coin, Native, Since independence, Population.

However Bees are not native to Tonga
https://link.springer.com/article/1...2-018-0615-x
They were introduced in the early 1900s and most are of Western European and Eastern European stock.

So 6 points.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
1505 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2020  12:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Time to shut this puppy down.

Final standings

Arkie - 5pts
Bd251 - 4pts
Keith12 - 6pts
Pepactonius - 4pts
Spence - 6pts

We have a tie and a way to break it by being fair is through a population challenge of the countries - Worldometer numbers

Kiribati 119,449
Tonga 105,695

Through those numbers I declare Spence the winner!

SPENCE - You are up!

Thank you all for entering a difficult challenge
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
Learn More...
United States
91256 Posts
Learn More...
United States
17488 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2020  9:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Make more food

That is awesome. I'll think of something and post a new contest tomorrow evening.
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Learn More...
United States
91256 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2020  09:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'll think of something and post a new contest tomorrow evening
Learn More...
United States
17488 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2020  9:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
On this day in 1869, there was a panic on Wall Street due to Gould and Fisk trying to corner the market on gold. For this challenge, post a coin that is either made from gold or was minted in 1869. This will be a popularity contest with folks voting, so post the one that we will like the best. I'll close it for new submissions late on Sunday.
-----Ghanaian proverb

-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
United States
2298 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2020  9:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Arkie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Umayyad dinar

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
747 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2020  10:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bd251 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9072 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2020  07:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pepactonius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
United States -- 10 dollars, 1868:

(no US gold from 1869, but I do have an 1869 Italian 20 lire coin.)
Edited by pepactonius
09/25/2020 07:53 am
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
1505 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2020  3:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think I will sit this "Inclusive" competition out as all I have in 1869 are farthings and halfpence.
Edited by Princetane
09/25/2020 3:24 pm
Learn More...
United States
91256 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2020  3:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Prince, the challenge to "post a coin that is either made from gold or was minted in 1869."

I have no gold either, so I will go for the latter... it both my contribution and my popularity vote.
Learn More...
United States
91256 Posts
Page: of 463 Previous TopicReplies: 6,933 / Views: 311,040Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.92 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05