Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Yet Another Forum Game - Numismatic Go Fish!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7,520 / Views: 356,543Next Topic
Page: of 502
Learn More...
United States
97989 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2021  5:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, I did not want to limit the guesses to bronze, but I can see where one would forget that it could fit the bill.

Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
2451 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2021  09:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Close, I was going to say that of Kiwi 2 cents.

And yes FYI Little Red Corvette was the 2nd single off Prince's 1999 released Feb 1983. In Late April 1983 it bceame Prince's 1st top 10 hit joining the song 1999 and the 2 Michael Jackson smash hits Billie Jean and Beat it on MTV exposing many whites to the greatest music ever by Black pop artists.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4729 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2021  10:18 am  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
....and for his second hint Ghosts Appear and Fade Away were lyrics from Men at Work's song Overkill. Men at Work being a fantastic band from down under.

https://www.songfacts.com/lyrics/me...ork/overkill

Also released in 1983 on the album Cargo.
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Edited by chafemasterj
01/09/2021 10:25 am
Learn More...
United States
97989 Posts
Learn More...
United States
97989 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4729 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2021  2:50 pm  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I kind of liked the last couple of rounds but they certainly didn't seem too popular.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3052 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2021  3:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
But maybe to much research to do?
But know that I think about all the other rounds, you need to know your coins. Back in a few
Learn More...
United States
97989 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2021  3:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Whoever has an idea, go for it. If not, I might give it another go.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3052 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2021  4:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I might give it another go.

MY Ikes are on stand by.
Learn More...
United States
97989 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4729 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2021  4:50 pm  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3052 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2021  4:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Not going to be an Ike.
Learn More...
United States
97989 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2021  5:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will let the other hemisphere have a shot. If I see nothing tomorrow I will post a challenge then.
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
3451 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2021  01:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add january1may to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've got a nice idea, but I've had it since December and I think it's a bit out of season by now... I mean, I'd still use it if nobody else has anything, but it might look weird.

Also, my day is expected to be quite busy today and there's a good chance I won't be able to post my idea for the next 8-10 hours, so it's possible that jbuck comes in and it's not there yet and I'm not sure what happens then.
Learn More...
United States
97989 Posts
Page: of 502 Previous TopicReplies: 7,520 / Views: 356,543Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.95 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05