Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Yet Another Forum Game - Numismatic Go Fish!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7,511 / Views: 355,385Next Topic
Page: of 501
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9395 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  12:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pepactonius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Let me consult my list of ideas -- it gets harder and harder to find something that hasn't been done before.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4725 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  12:56 pm  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations pep!

Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9395 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  1:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pepactonius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some posibilities:

- Post your lowest numerically-graded PCGS/NGC coin (no "details" coins)
- Post your oldest coin from the southern hemishpere
- Post your 2nd oldest coin (need to post the oldest one, too, but the 2nd oldest counts for points)
- Post your most common silver coin (lowest rarity rating) in the Numista catalog

I'm open to suggestions

Learn More...
United States
97930 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  2:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I could do the first three. Not sure about the fourth.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4725 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  2:08 pm  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I could participate in 2 and 3. All of them sound like good ideas.
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9395 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  2:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pepactonius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Based on the limited feedback, it looks like it's between (2) and (3).
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
801 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  2:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bd251 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wouldn't be able to participate in 1. 4 sounds interesting
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3049 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  3:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very interesting idea's. I like them all
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9395 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  3:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pepactonius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I guess we can try (2) -- oldest coin made in southern hemishpere. Let me come up with some detailed rules.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9395 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  3:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pepactonius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Post your oldest coin minted in the southern hemisphere (south of the equator).

The challenge coin: United Kingdom of Portugal, Brazil, and the Algarves -- 960 reis, 1819 (minted in Rio de Janeiro)

Rules:

1) Only coins and tokens allowed (no banknotes, stamps, etc.)

2) If the coin was made for more than one year, the latest possible year of manufacture counts for points

3) The AD/BC date is the number of points

4) The coin with the lowest point total wins the round

5) If one ID submits more than one entry, the entry with the fewest points is used

6) The coin must have been minted south of the equator, and not just be intended for use there.

7) Entries with no coin, or a coin from the norhtern hemisphere will receive 2022 points, but can still win

8) In the case of a points tie, the first entry submitted wins.

9) If there are no entries, CCF staff will decide how to proceed

10) This round will end at 16:00 on 2021/01/22, forum time (EDT).

Let the round begin!
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
3448 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  3:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add january1may to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As far as 1 is concerned, my lowest (and only) numerically graded PCGS/NGC coin is a PR-69, so... yeah. Option 4 sounds neat, but very hard to answer; I probably could participate but people with larger collections would be troubled.

I like both 2 and 3, maybe 3 a little more. Both should be interesting, though.

EDIT: I see I've missed the challenge being posted. That's a nice one! I'll have to check what my options are.
Edited by january1may
01/19/2021 3:34 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3049 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  3:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
6) The coin must have been minted south of the equator, and not just be intended for use there.

That one may be hard
Learn More...
United States
97930 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  4:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I need to see if I can photograph one older than what I already have imaged.
Learn More...
United States
97930 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  4:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have had this one a while, but never photographed it on its own. The slab was fighting me on this one. My Moto has an okay camera, but not the best.

Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
2442 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2021  04:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is no way I can find anything that old. I want to use my Peruvian sol from 1869, but this coin was minted into the 1910s.

So here goes.

South African Republic, 2 shillings 1894 - Pretoria.

These coins were minted at Pretoria which is 26 degrees south of the equator only until 1898. Only the 1892 was minted in Berlin, whilst the mint in Pretoria was being built, hence this coin should get me at least 123 points.

As the OP's coin was an exemplar it does not count and technically I move into the lead here.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Page: of 501 Previous TopicReplies: 7,511 / Views: 355,385Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05