Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Yet Another Forum Game - Numismatic Go Fish!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 7,770 / Views: 381,722Next Topic
Page: of 518
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
3533 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2021  8:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add january1may to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Have a coin queued up, trying to think of a good contest theme. Maybe I'd just end up doing a popularity contest, been a while since we've had one IIRC.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
17844 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2021  11:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Have a coin queued up, trying to think of a good contest theme. Maybe I'd just end up doing a popularity contest, been a while since we've had one IIRC.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11849 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2021  01:16 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In Memory of Crazyb0 12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious 3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020

Oh that I was where I would be,
Then I would be where I am not,
Here I am where I must be,
Go where I would, I can not.
Learn More...
United States
102003 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2021  10:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Have a coin queued up, trying to think of a good contest theme.
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
2791 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2021  07:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Must be a queue like the ones you guys had at the end of the Soviet Union to buy bread and stuff?

Patience is a mine and mine is exhausted.

I think we should throw it over to someone else if we have to wait much longer, as we are not getting any younger.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Edited by Princetane
06/12/2021 07:20 am
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
3533 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2021  12:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add january1may to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OK, posting coin. (I kept getting distracted over the last few days, and forgot to post earlier. I also hoped that a theme - as in a way to count the points, at least - will come into my head, but it never did.)

Principality of the Russian treasure-seeker Yury Kharchuk
1 kubyshka (pot), 2002

If none of you can provide me a good contest theme either: just post your favorite coin/coin-like item from something that isn't a real coin issuer! And then we'll make a popularity contest out of it.

(Micronation, fictional country, maybe something else if you can think of a good one.)
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
17844 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2021  2:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1925 r Russian Silver Poltinnik (50 Kopeks) (USSR

Pillar of the Community
United States
6081 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2021  11:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Finn235 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Micronation theme:

Hutt River Province 50 cents 1977
Formed as a joke over a legal dispute with the Australian government, and maintained as a "sovereign nation" and tourist attraction until the project folded last year due to COVID

My Collections:
Roman Imperial
http://goccf.com/t/348979
Japan Type set Tokugawa + Modern
http://goccf.com/t/348999
Indo Sassanian
http://goccf.com/t/322087
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
17844 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2021  4:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
3533 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2021  7:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add january1may to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Sorry, waiting until at least there's more than one eligible entry. I'll probably close this in a few more days even if there's no other entries, but for now I'd rather wait a little.
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
2791 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2021  8:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Micronation Theme

Lundy Island - One Puffin 1929

This Island in the Bristol Channel between Devon and Southern Wales was brought by an eccentric businessman in 1924 and he declared himself king of it. He issued stamps and coins in 1929 denominated in Puffins (1 Puffin = 1 Penny).

The stamps were allowed, but issuing the coins of and 1 puffin (Which were smaller than their English equivalents) saw him fined 5 in 1933. Today these coins are curiosities.

The stamps are still issued to this day and Lundy has been owned by the Landmark Trust since 1969 when the Businessman's surviving daughters gave them the island.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Learn More...
United States
102003 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2408 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2021  10:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Arkie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nagorno Karabakh

Micronation with an army.
Edited by Arkie
06/17/2021 10:25 pm
Learn More...
United States
102003 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
17844 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2021  05:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Page: of 518 Replies: 7,770 / Views: 381,722Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.57 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05