Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Yet Another Forum Game - Numismatic Go Fish!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7,781 / Views: 382,224Next Topic
Page: of 519
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
3537 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2021  05:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add january1may to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I apologize! Wanted to hold it out for a full 7 days (because the entries were slow) and then forgot that the week had ended.

I see three eligible entries: @Finn235's Hutt River coin, @Princetane's Lundy puffin, and @Arkie's neat Nagorno-Karabakh NCLT.

Any people interested in voting?
Learn More...
United States
102130 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
17844 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2021  2:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Lundy Island - One Puffin 1929

Quote:
My vote.

Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
2804 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2021  08:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will be leaving on holiday for a week, no access for computers, so let someone else win as I won't be back to June 30th.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Learn More...
United States
102130 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2021  08:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I will be leaving on holiday for a week, no access for computers, so let someone else win as I won't be back to June 30th.
I rescind my previous vote.

Quote:
@Arkie's neat Nagorno-Karabakh NCLT
My vote.
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
3537 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2021  10:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add january1may to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I am willing to extend the voting round until June 29th. (I originally planned to probably let it run long anyway.)
Learn More...
United States
102130 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2021  3:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If for some reason it lasts that long, rescind my second vote and restore my first. Otherwise, the second will remain my vote of record.
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
3537 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2021  5:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add january1may to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I should probably clarify: I've been "ignoring" this thread not so much because I want to let the voting run long (that too, but mostly only to the extent that I was hoping for more participation), but because I don't see a good way to assign the winner.
I don't want to decide it on a grand total of 1 eligible vote, and if I don't do that then @Princetane either obviously wins, or ends up in a draw with a good claim to winning the tie-breaker.

Note that I would have said that earlier if I was at all certain that anyone else is interested in this thread at the moment. In retrospect I just assumed all along that someone would show up and ask if I'm still around.
This didn't happen, so I'm stating pre-emptively that I am, in fact, still around, and would be willing to assign the winner if I could figure out how to do so. (Preferably after some more participation.)
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
17844 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2021  6:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Learn More...
United States
102130 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2021  11:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is going to be a long wait for more participation. Something said of pigs flying or the underworld freezing over?

Might be best to just pick then winner, unless you need me to intervene.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6083 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2021  11:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Finn235 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry all! Life has been hectic - best to declare Arkie the winner!
My Collections:
Roman Imperial
http://goccf.com/t/348979
Japan Type set Tokugawa + Modern
http://goccf.com/t/348999
Indo Sassanian
http://goccf.com/t/322087
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
3537 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2021  1:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add january1may to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
unless you need me to intervene
I might have to; not counting you the score is 1-1 now, and since it's the 29th I'm not sure how to count your vote.
Learn More...
United States
102130 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
3537 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2021  03:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add january1may to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
At nine days in, I might as well finish the voting. @Arkie wins, with 2 votes versus @Princetane's 1.

...I definitely hoped for more participation.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2412 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2021  08:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Arkie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
French Indochina piastre de commerce

Post your oldest coin or bullion piece that lists both weight and fineness of silver or gold.
Page: of 519 Previous TopicReplies: 7,781 / Views: 382,224Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05