Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Yet Another Forum Game - Numismatic Go Fish!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 9,643 / Views: 496,757Next Topic
Page: of 643
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
4111 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2022  06:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Way out date wise, but this will scoop a few points.

Brazil 1927 (Yes over 150 years later)

400 Reis

3 points Brazil

2 points 32mm in size

1 point Cupro nickel (= 75% copper)

5 or 6 points.

I love COINS!!!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
4038 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2022  08:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice one PrinceTane. I hade the same year 200 reis.
I was wondering if I could push my luck for a point for having 20 on the coin (20)0. :)
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 16,800 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Learn More...
United States
114800 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2022  10:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I apologize to jbuck if I wasn't actually allowed to let the first entry count if it was superseded by a new entry that turned out to be worse; by the wording of the new contest restrictions, it sounds like I probably wasn't, but I'm not sure if this interpretation was intended...
For the record, I do not think we should penalize anyone for posting a second entry that ended up being "worse" than their first if it was an honest mistake, whether a misunderstanding of the parameters, a calculation error, etc.

With rounds like these that require calculations, mistakes will be made and that is okay. In these cases, I believe it is best to defer to the round host since we all should agree that they know best what matches their requirements!
Learn More...
United States
114800 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2022  10:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

1974-S 40% Silver Eisenhower dollar

1 - Country in South America or straight line over water from Brazil.
1 - Any '74 year. This can be any calendar system. Actual year on coin must be '74
1 - 30-31.99 or 38-39.99mm (38.1 mm)

3 points.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2271 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2022  11:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Clever jbuck.
I checked my US Type Set, but I don't have anything from 1874 or 1974,
Learn More...
United States
114800 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2022  11:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds like you need to build an Ike set then.

Fun fact, the Ike in my 7070 is also a 1974. A 1974-D to be precise.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2271 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2022  7:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Fun fact, the Ike in my 7070 is also a 1974. A 1974-D to be precise.

Show that one too, you get more points.
Valued Member
Hong Kong
150 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2022  06:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wandering Circle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Imperial Brazilian 100 reis, 1889.

3 - Brazil
1? - Copper-nickel
1 - Crown
1 - Tobacco flowers on the right branch

Could be 5 or 6 points.
"They cannot conquer forever!" - Frodo Baggins
Learn More...
United States
114800 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2022  11:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Show that one too, you get more points.
Nope!

Remember the new rule. We are no longer doing the "post all your things that match this for the most points" thing.

Unless you meant because it is Cu-Ni, which if I understand the rules does not count as copper or bronze.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
926 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2022  12:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bd251 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Way out date wise, but this will scoop a few points.

Yes! I know the challenge coin is a bit on the older side for this game, so I tried to make the scoring inclusive for newer coins as well.

Quote:
1974-S 40% Silver Eisenhower Dollar

Nice use of the '74 point

Here are the standings with about a day left:

6 - triggersmob
5 - spruett001
5 - Wandering Circle
4 - Princetane - do you have a source for that coin being 32mm? Numista says 30mm and NGC says 30.2mm
3 - jbuck

A couple notes
- Copper nickel won't get you any points
- If you use the Google maps distance function, or other software that can trace on the globe, you'd be surprised which of your favorite countries are a straight line over water from Brazil
- Remember that you can post a second, higher scoring coin to replace your lower score.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
926 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2022  1:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bd251 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It looks like triggersmob is the winner!

I was really hoping to see some coins from New Zealand, Australia, or Russia
Valued Member
Japan
349 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2022  1:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bungle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, I found this perfectly straight line to Australia, but it is past noon forum time.

I thought that the 20c would be big enough to get a point but it is under 3cm.
Learn More...
United States
114800 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Australia
4038 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2022  5:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Bd251.
I probably won't be able to get another round organised until the weekend,
so if anyone else wants to start the next challenge, please feel free.
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 16,800 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Valued Member
United States
125 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2022  6:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Skeletonwizard8 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Triggersmob, I'd be happy to start a round while you're away!

Category 1:
3 Points - Coin issued in the County of Tassarolo
2 Points - Coin issued in an Italian state.
1 point - Coin issued in Italy or a bordering country

Category 2:
3 Points: Coin dated 1658
2 Points: Coin dated in the 17th century
1 Point: Coin date ending with "58"

Category 3:
3 Points: Coin featuring a woman with the first name Maria
2 Points: Coin featuring a real woman
1 Point: Coin featuring a fictional woman or 'Liberty'

Page: of 643 Replies: 9,643 / Views: 496,757Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.71 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: