Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Question on returning an item bought on eBay.  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Canada
569 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2017  2:45 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add T1Steel to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Bought an ASE on eBay. Received the coin and the capsule is damaged and the coin has ding issues. No mention of the problems in the listing.
I live in Canada seller in USA. The seller told me to return it for refund (seller pay for return shipping). My question is after trying to explain my issue with eBay rep is : I am thinking that I need to send this back with tracking and signature so that I am covered on all ends. Does the seller have to pay/refund me the fees associated with me returning the coin this way (Canada Post fees are expensive for tracking and signature to the USA) the coin was shipped Standard International Shipping.
If I don't send with tracking and signature could the seller just say he did not receive the coin back?
Thanks in advance.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4958 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2017  2:52 pm  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, it is possible that the seller could contend they never got it back, and you couldn't prove they did. If you asked eBay for "help" they would say "tough luck, no tracking, no refund". A reputable seller wouldn't do that, but this one already has a few strikes against them based on what you said above.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3698 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2017  3:07 pm  Show Profile   Check Crazyb0's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Do you know anyone you trust in States to send it tracked for you? You could sent standard to them, just not sure if PO will accept your return address instead of his? Worth a shot!

Probably be cheaper all around, but not by much. I've sent small mailer tracked to Canada, cost me $9.80 USD, whereas in US is $2.67 first class. Whatever cost from you to friend may save a few, don't know Canada Post charges...?

Just how trustworthy is this seller, his track record?
"I paused to think, then I forgot to start back up" Bumper Sticker
Edited by Crazyb0
09/12/2017 3:12 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
600 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2017  3:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add paxbrit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here in the US the eBay return label is furnished at vendor's expense and comes with tracking. If this is not the case in Canada, just send it and pay for the tracking, then advise the seller of the amount to be added to the refund. Honest vendors will pay the postage.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
569 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2017  3:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T1Steel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@nss-52 the seller has a 99.9% rating, 30 day returns(seller pays return shipping). I am leery just the same. Does the seller have to honour paying the return shipping costs (tracked and signature) if I ship/return it that way? I have not come across this scenario in the past, until now.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8766 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2017  3:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Have you ASKED the seller to specifically answer your question.

Almost all sellers want to get a problem solved as quickly as possible.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1369 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2017  7:04 pm  Show Profile   Check BigSilver's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BigSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What did you payfor it? Might be easier to get the seller to agree to a partial refund so you end up paying melt for it. Then you could scrap it....
Just a suggestion.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8766 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2017  8:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
a darned good suggestion, too.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
569 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2017  09:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T1Steel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is what I thought as well. I have suggested this to the seller. Am waiting for a reply.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
569 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2017  10:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T1Steel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Worked out with seller. Thanks for the help all.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05