Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Where Can I Sell A Fancy Serial Number Note

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

United States
6 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2017  10:49 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Ehillny to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
hello all. I just have a question. I collect all kinds of currency. however I came across a very cool 1 dollar note. its a 2009 serial number G77777770D thats alot of 7s. even the placement numbers around the note are 7s. anyone think this is something somebody would want?

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Pillar of the Community
United States
4117 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2017  10:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
IMO it's an "almost" note.
The "0" messes up the premium.
It's more a curiosity.
If it tickles you fancy then save it.
But expect little or nothing over face value.

And if it's been circulated then you're down to $1.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
28461 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2017  10:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. eBay is your best bet. Check sold values on eBay for a price.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
7234 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2017  11:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Like kanga stated about circulation - it's all about the condition. If you have wear, wrinkles, tears, or folds those will all effect the interest in your note.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16329 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2017  1:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In one word - China. Many Chinese strongly believe that the number 7 brings great luck. Even without the last 7 this could be worth some bucks.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7705 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2017  1:40 pm  Show Profile   Check oih82w8's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add oih82w8 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This one would be "close but no cigar" to most U.S. collectors...I think moxking does bring up a really good point in regards to 7 being lucky in China.
oih82w8 = "Oh I Hate To Wait"
"I tell her coins keep me off the streets and out of the bars." Moe145
"WOO-SAA...WOo-SAa...Woo-Saa" (calm down)
"An individual who vacillates when there is need of action will find themself beyond the hope of future success."

My Virtual 7070 https://www.PCGS.com/SetRegistry/ty...album/142105
Edited by oih82w8
09/16/2017 12:40 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
15633 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2017  1:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The lucky number in China is 8 not 7. The US Treasury (BEP) has sold lucky money currency sets since 2000 for the Chinese new year with serial numbers ending in 8888 in red envelopes because 8 and red are considered lucky in Chinese culture.

Your note should have some premium but not like it would if it was all 7's
Gary Schmidt
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
9672 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2017  2:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the Forum .
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
39354 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2017  3:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Post your question on the U.S.Paper Money Forum for much more input.

to the CCF!
Learn More...
United States
75016 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2017  12:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Post your question on the U.S.Paper Money Forum for much more input
Moved.
Valued Member
United States
158 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2017  11:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Money to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is definitely a serial number people would want. As long as it's not in terrible condition you should be able to get a premium for it on a website like eBay. I'd say probably in the $10-$20 range (But you would get close to $1,000 for the complete solid 7's) Also as stated, Chinese culture loves the number 8, while 7 is lucky in American culture.
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2017  12:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ehillny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks everyone. I'm trying to upload a picture here to show you all but cannot get it to work. I am not very tech savy. its in decent shape not all worn out and rough looking. I just though it was neat amd wanted to show it off. a guy I know offered me 20 bucks for it but I passed
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
39354 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2017  12:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's a super note and well worth keeping.
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2017  1:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ehillny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the things ive came across in the last week are amazing. I got a 1944 us 50 centavos coin. a Mercury dime a series 1934 funny back dollar bill and the one I posted about. all just found around my town as change
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
39354 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2017  3:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's quite a haul by today's standards!
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2017  4:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ehillny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
not a bad haul at all. I dont know much about the one I came across. it says united states of america. 1944 but something in spanish I do believe. why would it say usa then 50 centavos?
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.96 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05