Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Group of Un-Opened Mint and Proof Sets  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1415 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2017  10:34 pm Show Profile   Check twohawks's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add twohawks to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Here is a E Bay listing of a group of sets I picked up from a local dealer. All the boxes are still in the US Postal boxes and the starting price is well under what I paid for them.

Good Luck

Russ

http://www.ebay.com/itm/352167670117
"The Necessity of Procuring Good Intelligence is Apparent & Need not be Further Urged"
General George Washington
Pillar of the Community
United States
1915 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2017  11:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add seal006 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am interested in a lot like this, but I am confused at what would actually be getting. Can you say for sure by date which ones are proof set and which are mint sets and the breakdown of the number of each. There are quite a few varietis in these years, but most only appear in the proof sets. More info would b greatly appreciated.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1415 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2017  12:37 pm  Show Profile   Check twohawks's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add twohawks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well with out opening the sealed boxes I cant say with 100% certainty. 1 of the 2 1883 boxes seems to be mint and proof sets, as well as a few others. Some have a rattle when you shake them and some don't.

I am not trying to be vague, its just I have no way of knowing for sure the type of sets in the boxes. I would say most are proof sets. I came real close to opening the 1975 proof sets as this year has the rare no mint mark proofs. about 1 inch of the mail label is still un-broken, but I came real close
"The Necessity of Procuring Good Intelligence is Apparent & Need not be Further Urged"
Edited by twohawks
09/19/2017 12:48 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1915 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2017  2:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add seal006 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can tell you the 1975 no min mark is ULTRA rare. Chances of just stumbling on one is quite rare. I am looking at the Proof sets, if they are in good condition to resell. As for the mint sets, I usually cut each coins square out and sell them individually for a buck or two.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1415 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2017  12:22 am  Show Profile   Check twohawks's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add twohawks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well all the boxes are un damaged with no dents so I would say the sets are as nice as they can come.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1415 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2017  12:29 am  Show Profile   Check twohawks's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add twohawks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1 box of 2 units of 1972, 1 box of 1973 2 units, 1 box of 1975 5 units, 1 box of 1977 3 units, 1 box of 1978 3 units, 1 box of 1981 3 units, 2 boxes of 1982 1 box has 2 units and the other 3 units, 2 boxes of 1983 1 box has 2 units and the other has 3 units, 1 box of 1984 with 3 units and 2 boxes of 1985 1 has 3 units and the other has2 units.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2670 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2017  1:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
PM Sent
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5997 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2017  3:36 pm  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The listing mentioned in the first post closed in September, so I am confused as to whether this is still for sale.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.47 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05