Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2017 SCNA 45th Annual Convention and Coin Show  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Learn More...
United States
48654 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2017  11:52 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
2017 SCNA 45th Annual Convention and Coin Show
2017 October 27, 28, 29

2017 SCNA 45TH ANNUAL CONVENTION & COIN SHOW

FRIDAY OCTOBER 27th 10am - 6pm
SATURDAY OCTOBER 28th 10am - 6pm
SUNDAY OCTOBER 29th 10am - 3pm

SPARTANBURG MEMORIAL AUDITORIUM
385 North Church Street
Spartanburg, South Carolina

FREE PARKING
FREE ADMISSION
EXHIBITS
YOUNG NUMISMATISTS PROGRAM (1pm Saturday)
FREE APPRAISALS
SECURITY

http://www.coinshows.com/spartanburg_scna.html
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3655 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2017  5:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
jbuck: Will you be attending?

Collecting history, one commemorative coin (or medal) at a time!
Original content (c) Commems, 2012-2017
Learn More...
United States
48654 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2017  6:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I should be there on Saturday.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3655 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2017  11:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll be in the exhibits area at Noon; maybe we can meet?
Learn More...
United States
48654 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2017  01:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will send you an e-mail.
Learn More...
United States
11574 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2017  01:29 am  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is it basically the same show I went to last time, or is it bigger? I have some Double Eagles that aren't doing anything for me.
Nevermind, I just used Google to see its the same place, but with a different name is it different
<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Learn More...
United States
48654 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2017  09:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This (the fall) show is usually in Greenville at TD Center. (The spring show used to the there, too, but moved to Spartanburg about ten years ago.)

This is the first first year this show was held in Spartanburg. Since it was always the bigger show, I was skeptical of the smaller venue. Looks like I had good reason for concern. I could see where the squeezed in more tables, but there were a lot of empty tables when I got there. It was not that crowded and there were dealers packing up well before 3PM on Saturday.

I had to leave early myself. I did not get anything on my list nor did I get to meet with commems.
Learn More...
United States
11574 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2017  10:00 am  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yeah, I have it on my calendar to try to make my local 1-day show in December or January. I know some dealers start packing about 4pm. Dealers with a drive of several hours I could understand. I also wonder how they make enough to cover travel and dealer fees.

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Learn More...
United States
48654 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2017  6:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It seemed like the missing and early packing dealers were ones who usually attended the show in Greenville, but not the spring (late winter really) show in Spartanburg. The venue in Greenville is a lot bigger with more parking, so some of them may have been unimpressed and left after Friday.

If you want to add it to your calendar, the next show in Spartanburg is 16, 17, and 18 February 2018. I will add a calendar event as we get closer.
Learn More...
United States
11574 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2017  6:27 pm  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A few of the race groups I work with have 2018 posted, but the group with high/top priority won't post until Christmas at the earliest, but it has been until mid-January at the latest. But I will "pencil" you in.

Learn More...
United States
48654 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2017  6:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have to say, with my new interest in PCGS Ikes, I have not had much success with the last two shows. I walked away with one when I saw you there in February, but none this weekend.

Also, trying to fill out those last holes in the Dansco albums is tough. What I did find I could not afford after buying the 2017 Liberty Medal set last week. That took a big bite out of my budget.

I hope to have better success in February. I might focus on the Dansco holes and leave the Ikes to eBay.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3655 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2017  11:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just for clarity...

The show this past weekend was sponsored by the South Carolina Numismatic Association (SCNA); it holds a show each October. As jbuck mentioned, the show is typically at the TD Convention Center in Greenville. It had to move to Spartanburg this year due to a conflict at the Greenville faciltiy; the SCNA show will be back in Greenville in 2018.

The February show in Spartaburg - the Upstate SC Coin Show - is hosted by the Greenville and Parker Coin Clubs. It is not affiliated with the SCNA - two different promoters.

Learn More...
United States
48654 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2017  3:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is correct, different sponsors between fall and spring shows. Many of the same dealers come to both, but the fall show typically has more.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.12 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05