Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

World Crowns Gems & Rarities (Crowns); Post Your Gem Crowns Here

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 57
Learn More...
United States
70861 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  09:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Liechtenstein -- 5 kronen, 1904:
A very nice looking example.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16818 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  11:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice Liechtenstein 5 kronen, another one I have to add to my want list.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2991 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  3:05 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Recently Acquired!
This is currently the finest of only two known pieces . Top Pop NGC MS 64 1/0 . 1932/1 overdate Oaktree 5 Mark Weimar Germany . Shows what is still out there ! Acquired from a 2017 European Coin Auction.

The original discovery coin was a PCGS AU55 That was Certified and sold in 2014 at a Baltimore Auction.
Edited by Pacificoin
01/10/2019 4:04 pm
Valued Member
United States
192 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  3:44 pm  Show Profile   Check beem's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add beem to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So PCGS graded the coin a 55 and then NGC graded it MS 64?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2991 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  4:00 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MINE is the SECOND COIN FOUND. NGC Graded it as MS64 . Found in a European Auction.

The FIRST Coin found was a PCGS GRADED as AU55. Sold in 2014 at Baltimore .
Two different examples!
Valued Member
United States
192 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  4:20 pm  Show Profile   Check beem's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add beem to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see, thanks for clarifying.
Learn More...
United States
70861 Posts
Valued Member
Spain
69 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2019  10:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add txabs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Spanish Philippines - 1 peso 1897

Learn More...
United States
70861 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4842 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2019  6:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pepactonius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
United Kingdom -- 1 crown, 1933:

Valued Member
United States
403 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2019  01:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cableguy815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello everyone! Great to see so much activity in this thread. I've been very busy with work, but managed to make time for a little fun. I went at the NY International Numismatic Convention yesterday. I stopped by Stacks and Spink rooms to checkout several lots of interest in their upcoming auctions and then went to mingle with the various auctions and dealers. I also stopped by the NGC booth and dropped off a few items to get graded. Anyway, I saw some AMAZING material there, granted most of it was at least 100% marked up. Still, it was nice to hold and checkout some pretty exceptional pieces.

Speaking of exceptional stuff, there is some great material posted here.

Paul - That's a great thaler and it is a steal for 100GBP. I'm with you, that portrait of Joseph is my favorite by far. I am still searching for a high end variant of this thaler and double thaler (at a reasonable prices of course).

Beem - Beautiful thaler and looks very well preserved

WCG - Congrats on you Heritage pickup - lovely coin. I was browsing through the listings and saw a couple of Sede Vacante Thalers and I was wondering if you'd bid on them. I was certain the 1757 Eichstatt taler would be of interest to you.

IndianGoldEagle - Nice Hamburg 5RM

Pepa - Great crown and 5 Kronen; the latter is a tough issue to find with a full beard - still hunting for that one.

Txabs - Awesome Philippines peso. I love the design and portrait of young Alfonso. Have you the Puerto Rico Peso? This one is like a unicorn for me; very tough to find in high grades. Btw, not sure if that's just lighting or what but I see a bit of green in the images - just below the neck. Be careful of PVC damage.

Pacificoins - You literally just blew my mind with that Eichbaum 5 RM. Coins of the Weimar Republic are the only 20th century coins I collect. I have been collecting these for several years and have NEVER heard of the 1932/1 overdate on the Eichbaum 5 RM - Fascinating! Out of morbid curiosity, are you selling it? How much did you pay for the raw coin? $150-$200? Were you looking for the overdate or was it just a fluke? Thanks for sharing!

Jgenn - Nice Moroccan 10 Dirhams. I also recently picked up a couple of Moroccan issues.

Here are a few of my recent pickups.

1320 Moroccan Rial

1320 Moroccan Rial

1790 German States (Saxony Albertine) Thaler

I have a couple of unicorns en route from Europe - will share when they arrive.
Nothing better than a fresh World Crown arriving in the mail after a long and tiring day.
Valued Member
Spain
69 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2019  04:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add txabs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your concerning @cableguy815, the green part is just a tricky reflection.

I have a Puerto Rico one too, but it's not in good condition, as you say, very difficult to find it on high grades... you guys melted almost all of them when Spain lost authority over P. Rico on 1899, and turn them into Morgan dollars .

This is the reason why, although Filipinas mintage was like 2.5 millions below Puerto Rico's, the first one is easy to find on good condition, and the second one is an unicorn, with prices like Amadeo I 1873 duro, which had a mintage of only 46.000 pieces :)

Nice crowns you showed us, thank you!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2991 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2019  12:07 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Cableguy ,
Yes it is for sale for huge money on the Bay .
Totally a pure fluke when I bought it . Never thought an overdate
existed . When NGC informed me , I honestly couldn't believe it
until the package was back in my hands.
Was part of a Weimar Lot of four or five nice looking pieces.
The entire lot of coins was around 500 pounds Sterling.
Someone putting together a registry set MIGHT decide that they
just have to have it.
Edited by Pacificoin
01/12/2019 12:23 pm
Learn More...
United States
70861 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2019  12:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
United Kingdom -- 1 crown, 1933:
Beautiful!

Quote:
Here are a few of my recent pickups.
Well done!
Valued Member
United States
403 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2019  12:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cableguy815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@pacificoin - saw your coin and it is a beauty. I must say that shipping cost is a bit like adding insult to injury though You want a person that shell out that kind of dough and you won't even ship it for free? Haha that gave me a good laugh.

In all seriousness though, you got me all curious about the issue so I decided to dig through archives to see if other overdates have been sold. I believe I have found two other such examples:

Nothing better than a fresh World Crown arriving in the mail after a long and tiring day.
Page: of 57 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05