Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

World Crowns Gems & Rarities (Crowns); Post Your Gem Crowns Here

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 59
Learn More...
United States
72053 Posts
Valued Member
United States
414 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2019  12:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cableguy815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great stuff guys. Some really superb material shared here.

@t360 - great crown. 1551! That's nearly half a millennium old coin. I can only imagine what this coin has seen.

@Pepa - Nice 8R and a really nice Latvian beauty there. It's good to have the Baltics represented here.

@Paralyze - Nice grouping there. It would seem you and I share a similar dream coin in the Gothic Crown. The ones I like happen to run for 10K.... not sure I'm ready to go there just yet.

@Zohar - Wow. That's a really very impressive bunch. You need to post 2-3 coins at a time to give folks the ability to absorb everything. Your grouping below is overwhelming . That Lobkowitz thaler is a beast! Great pickup from Niemczyk. I went a bit nuts in their December auction and also walked away with a nice Pisa Tallero in their recent March auction - I'll post it once it arrives.

Anyone participate in the recent Kunker March auctions?
Nothing better than a fresh World Crown arriving in the mail after a long and tiring day.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5140 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2019  12:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pepactonius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Kingdom of Romania -- 5 lei, 1883:

Learn More...
United States
72053 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2019  6:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Kingdom of Romania -- 5 lei, 1883:
A nice example.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1902 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2019  7:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add t360 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
King James I of England
Hammered Silver Crown (1620-24)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8005 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2019  11:02 pm  Show Profile   Check paralyse's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That crown is lovely (and scarce!)

This one came in today:

Israel - 1961/5721 - 5 Lirot - Uncirculated
10 leaf/3 berry Olive Branch (13 years of Israel)
Bar Mitzvah/Holy Ark rev.
34mm, 25.0 grams AR 0.900 / only 23,818 business strikes minted.

The coin is concave (curves inwards) which makes photography a bit difficult. It's very lustrous in hand. A very hefty feeling coin, about the size of an old 1/2 Thaler, or in between a US silver dollar and half dollar.

Member ANA - EAC - TNA - SSDC
Specializing in 1932-1964 Washington quarters

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
Learn More...
United States
72053 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2019  09:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This one came in today: Israel - 1961/5721 - 5 Lirot - Uncirculated
Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5140 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2019  1:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pepactonius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A rather unremarkable crown --

Republic of Peru -- 1 sol, 1934:

Learn More...
United States
72053 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2019  8:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
A rather unremarkable crown -- Republic of Peru -- 1 sol, 1934:
Still, very nice!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1902 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2019  6:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add t360 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1845 Queen Victoria Crown
Valued Member
United States
198 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2019  09:55 am  Show Profile   Check beem's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add beem to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, nice coin! Needs to be in a slab. :)
Learn More...
United States
72053 Posts
Valued Member
United States
414 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2019  12:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cableguy815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like she got kissed on the cheek one too many times but a beautiful specimen indeed! Great detail, especially on the braid and obviously lustrous.

These get quite pricey in this condition. I'd pass on the slab, unless you're trying to sell it. She looks quite comfy as is. She'd probably get graded as MS, no mystery there.
Nothing better than a fresh World Crown arriving in the mail after a long and tiring day.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5140 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2019  06:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pepactonius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Kingdom of Greece -- 5 drachmai, 1876:

Valued Member
United States
414 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2019  09:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cableguy815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice 5D Pepa. The 5Ds are amongst my favorite pieces. I have yet to get an Othon 5D in high grade - very pricey!
Page: of 59 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.9 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05